“My favorite restaurant!”

Ranked #18 of 53 Restaurants in Rockport
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We eat out a lot and this is our favorite restaurant. We've had everything on the menu and all the specials and have NEVER had a bad meal. Compare it to North End of Boston, restaurants in Italy, there isn't a finer place to eat on Cape Ann! Just go. Why would you ever leave the Cape? And you can BYO your own wine too. A + !

2  Thank SatisfiedRockporter

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Love this place. The waitstaff is superb and the food is great.
A grat place to go before a concert at the ShiLin Lu.
I wish it was opened all week.

2  Thank blbrad
Reviewed September 13, 2013

But....read a bunch of reviews and decided to try it out. Tiny little place, probably 15 ish tables. One waitress/hostess running the whole show. She was, however, probably the best waitress I've seen in years. Didn't write anything down and timed each course perfectly. As things usually go the wife's dinner was really good while mine, not so much. She had the bruschetta, house salad and the shrimp scampi. The bruschetta was very tasty, the salad dressing was homemade and delicious and the shrimp, so she says, yummy. Like the night before at Lobsta Land, I ordered the wrong thing. I had the bacon wrapped scallops, house salad and the haddock parmesan. The appetizer had a funky taste and was smothered in some kind of weird sauce. Didn't taste like bacon or scallops. The salad was ok. The entrée, which was a special, was nasty. Very fishy and tough. Gave the wife a taste and she had to spit it out. The one thing I absolutely loved about the place was their BYOB policy. Brought a 6 of Sam Adams so I never had to wait for a refill. So I guess it was just an off night for me. Probably will give it another shot next year.

2  Thank Jim H
Reviewed August 27, 2013

At the recommendation of our B&B hosts - we made a reservation - definately a must in August. We arrived and entered the dining room behind another couple and a waitress pointed them in one direction and us in another. She brought over menus and came back and dropped a bottle opener on the table for our bottle of wine without saying a word and kept on going. We were a bit concerened since that's usually not the greeting you would expect in any restaurant. However - she turned out NOT to be our waitress and the night only got better and better. Donna couldnt have been more welcoming and friendly. We started with the calamari - they were good, a bit chewy. The bread was nice and hot and we asked for some olive oil for dipping. I had the double pork chops with peppers and onions and a wonderful balsamic glaze which I will be attempting to re-create at home. Huge portion, I could only finish one chop, but it was just as good the next day. Hubby had the pasta with bolonese sauce and sausage. He was in foodie heaven as this is one of his favorites. Food was very good and the plates we saw passing by and on other tables all looked wonderful as well.
This place is cozy. We were seated at a table for 4 against a wall, which was perfect since we had some elbow room. There are a row of tables against each wall, and tables down the middle. The ambiance is great, you will be chatting with neighboring tables. Seems like a lot of people knew each other and I can see if I lived here, this would be my go to place! Have no problem with the BYOB - since we are wine drinkers, it was nice to bring something from home, and not have to pay double for it. Dishes and glasses are mis-matched only adding to the charm of this delightful bistro. It was a very nice way to end our last night in Rockport, and we will be back on our next visit.

2  Thank ccquohog
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Probably the most flavorful meal we've ever had. My husband had the scallops puttanesca and I had the chicken Marsala. Staff was friendly and attentive. We had scallops wrapped in bacon and an amazing salad with grilled mushrooms, topped with balsamic vinegar and goat cheese. So full, we didn't have room for dessert. While we were there, another table had a birthday. Owners came out with birthday dessert... Lights flickered.... Music loud... Lots of fun. Love the BYOB!

3  Thank Blue1627