“Best Fried Clams ever”

Ranked #4 of 53 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: A casual dining experience, with a view of Front Beach, Nate's is a charming family operated restaurant. Specializing in delicious fried seafood, we serve hamburgers, wraps, salads and even ice cream for dessert.
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I love this place. Convenient location, close to everything. Cheery décor. Wonderful family owned business, great service. You can get window service in the summer and bring your food onto the beach to eat, it's almost like beach side service!!!, it's so close. The clams are some of the best I have ever had, and I am a die hard New Englander who used to dig my own. They are not greasy and the Onion rings with them are good too. The breakfasts are great too, you can even get that at the window so if you are not staying at a B and B and want to also bring that onto the beach or back to the place you are staying it is really great, you can call ahead. This place is the true Beach eats experience. I just wish they had more broiled offerings.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Went here on a whim, looking for breakfast. They change over at 11:15, so be prompt. Outstanding food, great service and very very small. You will wait, so enjoy the beach view, time passes quickly. We had five different meals and all were awesome. When we come back, we will eat here again.

2  Thank GaDawg44
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Great food and friendly service. The Greek yoghurt especially tasty. Eggs Benedict outstanding. Good value. Hard choice between Nate's and the Red Skiff. This is close to the Captain's Bounty and looks on the sea. Both great places.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We spent a week in Rockport Mass. least September. One of the memorable things for my travels are all of the local people and places I visit. Nate's, while it gets it's share of tourists, is one of those special local places (the complete opposite of chain and fast food eateries). The place sits right across the street from Front beach and offers an unobstructed view from its windows. From the outside it looks like a small ice cream stand. Go inside and you're treated to a small, clean and charming diner. Nate's offers a full breakfast menu. The portions are plentiful and the quality on par with any of the best restaurants serving breakfast. During the week, we visited Nate's originally because it was a short walk from the Beach Knoll inn where we were staying. We found it so good, we returned twice more. My Favorite order was the Omelet with tomatoes, onions and Feta cheese, with a side of link sausage. My wife who loves omelets, loved the ones she got at Nate's as well. Service is also good, with the waiting time just long enough to enjoy a cup of coffee and some conversation before your breakfast arrives. The staff is also what I like to call "local friendly" to everyone. If you visit Rockport and do not visit Nate's you're trip is incomplete!

While we went for Breakfast, Nat's is also open for lunch, and dinner a couple nights per week. Check the hours. While we did not have lunch or dinner here, the menu look good and I imagine the quality to be on par here as well.

1  Thank Rocketman56
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had a fabulous breakfast one morning. Eggs and bacon cooked to perfection. And the apple and pecan pancakes were out of sight. We came back for an evening meal. Having had a lot of seafood we opted for a Greek Salad and a Nate's burger with onion rings. The salad was very fresh with great olives and Feta cheese. it was very well presented. The rings were comparable to the best we have ever had and we eat a lot of rings. The Burger was incredible. Nothing we ate there was less than exceptional.