“A Gem near the beach”

Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: A casual dining experience, with a view of Front Beach, Nate's is a charming family operated restaurant. Specializing in delicious fried seafood, we serve hamburgers, wraps, salads and even ice cream for dessert.
Plainfield
“A Gem near the beach”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have eaten inside ...breakfast and went back for dinner. Breakfast was fantastic...I had the cinnamon french toast...it was yummy...place is very small only holds a few table.
Dinner was also very good ...I had the scallops....they were excellent.
We also have used the window for take out....everything was delicious....no complaints...easy access across the street from the beach...

Boston, Massachusetts
“The fried clams are out of this world -- even better than the world renowned Clam Box in Ipswich!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My travel companion tried a salad for lunch with Greek chicken and I had a clam roll -- both were absolutely excellent. We tried to eat there again on Sunday evening but miss their closing time by about 10 minutes. We'll be back!

Los Angeles
“Good food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Went there again for breakfast and could not ask for more. Place is a small joint but has excellent food at a reasonable price. The service was outstanding and I would highly recommend it for a place to eat!

Rockport, MA
“The Best!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Lovely little restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Food was great! Best fried clams, clam chowder , salads and burgers. Staff is very welcoming and accommodating. Location is directly across from beach....you can also order takeout and sit at the beach. A "MUST STOP" on visit to Rockport.

• Visited July 2013
Atlanta, GA
“Pleasant Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Me, my cousin and her daughter visited Rockport yesterday. I saw Nate's from a distance when we approached Front Beach. At first, we thought it was just a takeout place and almost walked away.

I'm glad we proceeded! The outside is deceptive in its size. There is indoor (air-conditioned) seating. My cousin ordered a seafood platter to split with her daughter and I ordered a grilled veggie panini. The panini is made with ciabatta bread and stuffed with delicious FRESH vegetables. It came with a side of fries, onion rings or coleslaw. I chose the fries. They were good. I debated on ordering some more.

They enjoyed the seafood platter which had LOTS of food (calamari, HUGE scallops, clams, haddock, I believe, and fries). We also had the fried feta cheese which comes with a side of honey. That was delicious. I love feat cheese and honey. The only thing I wish was different was for the cheese blocks to be fried in smaller pieces because the two blocks became too much (salty tasting) after-while, and I couldn't finish it.

After much conversation, I found out that the person who served us was actually Nate, himself. I was pleased to be able to meet him. He's very nice, hospitable and a young entrepreneur. I love that!

In future trips to Rockport, I will definitely be back.

• Visited June 2013