All reviews captain's quarters mermaid room fire pit her husband cookies rhubarb juice sourced locally sleep number challah bread french toast comfortable home beach gear bearskin neck shops and restaurants screened in porch each afternoon place to stay wonderful hosts
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stephanie's place was lovely - she baked us cookies on arrival - always appreciated - and made a delicious breakfast the following morning. Bed was very comfy, ensuite was great and Stephanie was friendly and welcoming - would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beachcomber room nicely laid out and spacious. Lots of light from large windows and two skylights. Though our stay was during a rainy period, the B&B worked out well. Breakfast interesting, served early enough (8:30) to make sure there's enough of the morning left. Quiet and squeaky clean. Only three rooms, which make it more of a traditional B&B than an Inn. Cookies and water appreciated.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
stephanie01966, Owner at Changing Tides Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the lovely review.

Reviewed October 10, 2018

We had a chance to get away for our 10-year anniversary. I called Stephanie to book our nights - Friday and Saturday on a long weekend, which was an unusual request. But she was able to accommodate us. I am so glad that we came here! The breakfast was delicious both mornings, and Stephanie and her husband Jay were both so friendly. The room (the Mermaid suite) was spacious and comfortable, and the whole house was very clean and relaxing. I really appreciated how Stephanie deliberately makes the house a kid-free atmosphere for guests looking for an escape from busy family life, and emphasizes how family life is beautiful and important but also requires a break every now and then.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
stephanie01966, Owner at Changing Tides Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Thank you for the lovely review. I hope you got recharged and energized! you both deserve it.
Stephanie

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

We chose Changing Tides for the location close to town and for the reviews of the homemade breakfasts. We found the Beachcomber room ro be clean and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. Particularly the Stuffed Blueberry French Toast. There was more than enough food and everything was homemade. Stephanie and Jay were very hospitable. Jay took time to map out places to visit. On top of breakfast, Stephanie surprised us with freshly baked cookies each day. We enjoyed our time with the other guests at breakfast and by a campfire.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
StephanieS7063, Owner at Changing Tides Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Thank you for the lovely review. It was a pleasure hosting you.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

The B&B was very clean, and the location to the nearby town center and waterside park was excellent. Breakfast was made with care, but overly sugary, heavy, and not to our taste; unfortunately when we told the hostess our preference not to have breakfast there the next day, it was taken as a personal affront. Cookies were left in our room every day next to a tip envelope.

The quiet room had air conditioning that was new and much appreciated; the separate bathroom was serviceable.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
stephanie01966, Owner at Changing Tides Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

I'm sorry you felt that way. I am never offended by people who choose not to eat. People have plenty of choices for breakfast. I always serve homemade 100% organic granola, fresh fruit, and organic vanilla yogurt. Everyday I alternate the menu between a sweet and savory breakfast. When I offer a sweet breakfast, I also offer local fresh hard boiled eggs. If you thought all of that was "sugary and heavy". You never shared any of your thought or comments with me. If you had, I would have been more than happy to accommodate you. If you travel at all, you must know that in every hotel or inn there is a gratuity envelope in the room for house keeping.