All reviews her husband captain's quarters mermaid room fire pit cookies rhubarb juice sourced locally sleep number challah bread french toast beach gear delicious breakfast shops and restaurants bearskin neck screened in porch each afternoon place to stay great shower
Reviewed September 16, 2017

This was our first time staying at a bed and breakfast. We did not know what to expect but were pleasantly surprised. The hosts were kind and accommodating in every possible way. The house was cozy and inviting. Also, it was immaculate. Our room was very large and had a lot of natural light. The house itself is an ideal walking distance from town. My favorite part of the trip was Stephanie's attention to detail. I have numerous food allergies and instead of acting like it was a burden (I offered to bring my own breakfast because I did not want to be a burden) she welcomed my allergies with open arms and created breakfasts that were beyond amazing.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Stephanie S, Owner at Changing Tides Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2017

It was a pleasure to host you. I am delighted that you were happy with your stay. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2017

Changing Tides B&B is roomy, clean, and delightful. Our room (the Mermaid Suite) was spacious and had lots of natural light, as well as excellent light-blocking screens. The shower has super-comfortable river stone underfoot... loved it! ...and great water pressure. The bed has technology which allows for adjusted firmness on each side; we slept VERY well, and the bedding is fresh and inviting. Since the B&B has only a few guest rooms, we were able to use the screened in porch, as well as the family room and Netflix in the evenings. Keurig coffee maker, kettle, and a plethora of teas and coffees are available at all times. We very much enjoyed the quiet. Stephanie and Jay are lovely. They were very much available, and also were taking cues from how sociable the guests seemed to want to be. We had some enjoyable conversations. My husband and I agreed that they are ideal B&B hosts. (It should be noted that my husband generally prefers the anonymity of hotels... chuckle.) Stephanie greeted us at the arranged time, showed us around, and provided homemade, warm cookies! She also made amazing breakfasts with fresh ingredients each morning- a different menu each day.The house is a short walking distance to Bearskin Neck in Rockport.

1  Thank coastalr0ck
Stephanie S, Owner at Changing Tides Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2017

Thank you for the lovely review! It was a pleasure hosting you both.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

This was my first time ever staying at a B&B so I wasn't sure what to expect. That said, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Changing Tides B&B was someone's private home, huge and beautiful with a number of comfortable sitting areas for reading, watching television or visiting with other residents as well as the Hosts, Stephanie and Jay.

Breakfast is at 8:30 each morning and is geared towards preferences you indicate before your stay; this means if you are vegan or vegetarian, just say the word and you will have that type of cuisine. We enjoyed corn fritters, breakfast burritos and ham & Swiss crepes, just to name a few yummy dishes.

Our room was the Captain's Quarters which faces the street. We loved our firm queen sized bed, the two skylights and a roomy walk-in closet and the bathroom was just outside with everything we would need to stay refreshed and clean. Downstairs, there was a Keurig coffee and tea maker on hand as well as home-made cookies each afternoon to make sure we didn't stay too skinny :-) but, when on vacation, I tend to let that obsession go by the wayside!

You will not be disappointed if you like an immaculate home with comfortable furnishings, breakfasts that are nothing like fast food, and being only a 5 minute walk from the shops and restaurants of downtown Rockport. We especially liked Brackett's for its great chowder and yummy spinach salad with strawberries and pecans, a lighter meal that also featured an awesome ocean view.

You can't go wrong with Changing Tides; just be prepared to rest, relax, EAT and enjoy the company of the friendly hosts and your fellow travelers!

Room Tip: This is a private home and all three room choices appear to be quite comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cyn8cats
Stephanie S, Owner at Changing Tides Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Cyndia,
Thank you for the lovely review. t was a pleasure hosting you both.

Reviewed September 1, 2017

Stephanie is one of the kindest Airbnb hosts that I've had the pleasure of working with. The house and bedroom are beautiful and clean and there's so much natural light. She made us breakfast each morning we were in Rockport, and she is truly an amazing chef. The house is essentially in the center of Rockport, close to the beach and restaurants, and the garden in the back is a great perk.

Room Tip: breakfast, garden, central
Reviewed August 31, 2017

The food was excellent! Stephanie is a wonderful cook My sister and I choose to eat gluten free and Stephanie was more than willing to accommodate us. Every evening she made sure there were some warm (gluten free) cookies in our room to greet us. The backyard was set up so comfortably. There were hanging hammock chairs that hung off an arbor in the yard where you could just sit and relax and talk or if you wanted Stephanie's husband Jay would start the fire pit for you in the evening. The house was a quick walk downhill to all the shops on the main drag in Rockport. I recommended this Bed & Breakfast to all my friends.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends