All reviews mermaid suite beachcomber room fire pit her husband cookies captain's quarters comfortable home screened in porch rhubarb juice sourced locally sleep number farm to table challah bread french toast beach gear fresh homemade gourmet cook perfect place to enjoy
Reviewed September 6, 2017

This was my first time ever staying at a B&B so I wasn't sure what to expect. That said, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Changing Tides B&B was someone's private home, huge and beautiful with a number of comfortable sitting areas for reading, watching television or visiting with other residents as well as the Hosts, Stephanie and Jay.

Breakfast is at 8:30 each morning and is geared towards preferences you indicate before your stay; this means if you are vegan or vegetarian, just say the word and you will have that type of cuisine. We enjoyed corn fritters, breakfast burritos and ham & Swiss crepes, just to name a few yummy dishes.

Our room was the Captain's Quarters which faces the street. We loved our firm queen sized bed, the two skylights and a roomy walk-in closet and the bathroom was just outside with everything we would need to stay refreshed and clean. Downstairs, there was a Keurig coffee and tea maker on hand as well as home-made cookies each afternoon to make sure we didn't stay too skinny :-) but, when on vacation, I tend to let that obsession go by the wayside!

You will not be disappointed if you like an immaculate home with comfortable furnishings, breakfasts that are nothing like fast food, and being only a 5 minute walk from the shops and restaurants of downtown Rockport. We especially liked Brackett's for its great chowder and yummy spinach salad with strawberries and pecans, a lighter meal that also featured an awesome ocean view.

You can't go wrong with Changing Tides; just be prepared to rest, relax, EAT and enjoy the company of the friendly hosts and your fellow travelers!

Room tip: This is a private home and all three room choices appear to be quite comfortable.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank cyn8cats
Stephanie S, Owner at Changing Tides Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Cyndia,
Thank you for the lovely review. t was a pleasure hosting you both.
Stephanie

Reviewed September 1, 2017

Stephanie is one of the kindest Airbnb hosts that I've had the pleasure of working with. The house and bedroom are beautiful and clean and there's so much natural light. She made us breakfast each morning we were in Rockport, and she is truly an amazing chef. The house is essentially in the center of Rockport, close to the beach and restaurants, and the garden in the back is a great perk.

Room tip: breakfast, garden, central
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2017

The food was excellent! Stephanie is a wonderful cook My sister and I choose to eat gluten free and Stephanie was more than willing to accommodate us. Every evening she made sure there were some warm (gluten free) cookies in our room to greet us. The backyard was set up so comfortably. There were hanging hammock chairs that hung off an arbor in the yard where you could just sit and relax and talk or if you wanted Stephanie's husband Jay would start the fire pit for you in the evening. The house was a quick walk downhill to all the shops on the main drag in Rockport. I recommended this Bed & Breakfast to all my friends.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank lemongingertea2017
Reviewed August 30, 2017

From clean, cozy, beautifully-appointed rooms and a veritable oasis of a yard to some of the best home cooking I've had, Stephanie and Jay's B&B hits a high note every step of the way. This will be my go-to place to stay in Rockport from now on.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2017

Spent 4 days at Changing Tides Bed and Breakfast., stayed in both Captain's Quarters and the Mermaid Suite. Beautifully appointed rooms and bathrooms with full size toiletries in an attractive home filled with paintings of Rockport. VERY comfortable beds (Mermaid Suite has a sleep number bed ) with nice linens, and extra blankets, pillows available. Took advantage of windows and skylights that open and bring you the wonderful smell of the sea .Did not need the available air conditioner.
No sea view, but very close to Old Garden Beach and the center of Rockport, Bearskin Neck and the harbor. Easy walking distance for even out of shape people like me (I did have to stop and puff, now and then) You can manage without a car, if you are willing to walk,but Changing Tides has off street parking for guests (hard to come by in Rockport!)
Enjoyed delicious gourmet breakfasts on the screened porch, or on the patio , with home made granola, different kinds of breakfast sandwiches, terrific challah bread French toast with home made raspberry syrup., among other goodies.(Stephanie makes jams, jellies, syrups, and they are for sale.) Hand made/squeezed rhubarb juice was a delicious surprise. Stephanie is a superlative cook, and both she and her husband Jay, are very friendly and helpful, without being intrusive They have a lot of information available on things to do locally.
You will probably hear some road traffic through the open windows of the Captain's Quarters, which fronts on the street, but it didn't bother me., and I enjoyed looking at the moon through the skylight.
My cousin and sister both commented that it was a great place to feel pampered! It is.

Room tip: Captains Quarters faces the street (some traffic noise)- Mermaid Suite has huge walk in shower with seat and a sleep number bed).
  • Trip type: Traveled with family