All reviews her husband captain's quarters mermaid room fire pit cookies rhubarb juice sourced locally sleep number challah bread french toast beach gear delicious breakfast shops and restaurants bearskin neck screened in porch each afternoon place to stay great shower
Reviewed September 1, 2017

Stephanie is one of the kindest Airbnb hosts that I've had the pleasure of working with. The house and bedroom are beautiful and clean and there's so much natural light. She made us breakfast each morning we were in Rockport, and she is truly an amazing chef. The house is essentially in the center of Rockport, close to the beach and restaurants, and the garden in the back is a great perk.

Room Tip: breakfast, garden, central
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2017

The food was excellent! Stephanie is a wonderful cook My sister and I choose to eat gluten free and Stephanie was more than willing to accommodate us. Every evening she made sure there were some warm (gluten free) cookies in our room to greet us. The backyard was set up so comfortably. There were hanging hammock chairs that hung off an arbor in the yard where you could just sit and relax and talk or if you wanted Stephanie's husband Jay would start the fire pit for you in the evening. The house was a quick walk downhill to all the shops on the main drag in Rockport. I recommended this Bed & Breakfast to all my friends.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank lemongingertea2017
Reviewed August 30, 2017

From clean, cozy, beautifully-appointed rooms and a veritable oasis of a yard to some of the best home cooking I've had, Stephanie and Jay's B&B hits a high note every step of the way. This will be my go-to place to stay in Rockport from now on.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2017

Spent 4 days at Changing Tides Bed and Breakfast., stayed in both Captain's Quarters and the Mermaid Suite. Beautifully appointed rooms and bathrooms with full size toiletries in an attractive home filled with paintings of Rockport. VERY comfortable beds (Mermaid Suite has a sleep number bed ) with nice linens, and extra blankets, pillows available. Took advantage of windows and skylights that open and bring you the wonderful smell of the sea .Did not need the available air conditioner.
No sea view, but very close to Old Garden Beach and the center of Rockport, Bearskin Neck and the harbor. Easy walking distance for even out of shape people like me (I did have to stop and puff, now and then) You can manage without a car, if you are willing to walk,but Changing Tides has off street parking for guests (hard to come by in Rockport!)
Enjoyed delicious gourmet breakfasts on the screened porch, or on the patio , with home made granola, different kinds of breakfast sandwiches, terrific challah bread French toast with home made raspberry syrup., among other goodies.(Stephanie makes jams, jellies, syrups, and they are for sale.) Hand made/squeezed rhubarb juice was a delicious surprise. Stephanie is a superlative cook, and both she and her husband Jay, are very friendly and helpful, without being intrusive They have a lot of information available on things to do locally.
You will probably hear some road traffic through the open windows of the Captain's Quarters, which fronts on the street, but it didn't bother me., and I enjoyed looking at the moon through the skylight.
My cousin and sister both commented that it was a great place to feel pampered! It is.

Room Tip: Captains Quarters faces the street (some traffic noise)- Mermaid Suite has huge walk in shower with seat and a sleep number bed).
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2017

The Place was wonderful the host and hostess accommodated our late arrival 9:20 pm, instead of 8 pm. The room was beautifully decorated in a beach theme, bed was comfortable everything was perfect. The breakfast was five star gourmet with fresh fruit homemade granola baked chocolate donuts, Crescent with avocado sunny side egg cream cheese and bacon,(she held the bacon on my wife's). Very friendly we have already book our next visit. We Highly recommend you stay here when in Rockport. Greg and Nancy

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
stephanie01966, Owner at Changing Tides Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Greg,
Thank you for the lovely review. We look forward to your next stay.
Stephanie