All reviews captain's quarters mermaid room fire pit her husband cookies rhubarb juice sourced locally sleep number challah bread french toast comfortable home beach gear bearskin neck shops and restaurants screened in porch each afternoon place to stay wonderful hosts
Reviewed May 23, 2016

My wife and I booked this B & B through AirBnB and could not have been happier with our decision as Stephanie and Jay made us feel at home right from the arrival. They were attentive, caring, and informative.

Changing Tides is located only a couple of blocks from Rockport Downtown and all the shops and restaurants. The house is spacious, super comfortable and beautifully decorated.

Jay recommended several walking paths, all beautiful and extremely close to the house and Stephanie's breakfast were out of this world!

We highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a home away from home. We really can't wait to go back to stay at Changing Tides!

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
stephanie01966, Owner at Changing Tides Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2016

Francisco,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I look forward to your next stay.
Stephanie

Reviewed May 16, 2016

Changing Tides is small (two rooms),charming, immaculate, just steps from Rockport's pretty harbor and its inspiring headlands. The rooms and very comfortable, with everything one could possibly need -- and beach gear available besides. The breakfast menus change. daily, and are excellent. The house has a beautiful garden with a pergola and a fire pit. Stephanie is a good guide to nearby places to visit, and Jay, who owns two hardware stores, insures that everything works. In sort, just about perfect.
-- Tom and Linda

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
Stephanie S, Owner at Changing Tides Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2016

Tom and Linda,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure to host you and look forward to a visit in the future.
Stephanie

Reviewed May 9, 2016

Stephanie and Jay were fantastic - they made sure to be home when we arrived to greet us, give us a tour, and tell us some good information about the Rockport area. Their ideas were fantastic and helped guide our weekend. The room was beautiful and in the perfect location for downtown Rockport. We were very close to all the eateries and sights. Stephanie's breakfasts and treats were top notch as well - you won't go hungry here!

Reviewed October 19, 2015

We absolutely loved our stay with Stephanie and Jay, they are such friendly and charming hosts. It was very enjoyable having a good interesting chat with them. Our room was so homely and I was very excited about the homemade fig newtons left in our room, or fig rolls that us english call them, they are my favourite! We were running a half marathon while we were there and Stephanie kindly cooked us a beautiful tasty breakfast alot earlier than usual, so we could leave ready for our race. I couldn't recommend this bed and breakfast enough, I wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Quiet and peaceful
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
Stephanie S, Owner at Changing Tides Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2015

Thank you for your wonderful review. Both Jay and I really enjoyed chatting with you both. If you are ever back in the area we hope you will give us a call.

Reviewed October 13, 2015

My husband and I had a fantastic one night stay at Changing Tides B & B in Rockport, Massachusetts. With its well-appointed rooms and classy furnishings, Changing Tides is a warm and welcoming sanctuary. Generally speaking, the décor at this B and B is beautiful, uncluttered and cheerful. Stephanie and her husband, Jay welcomed my husband and I like old friends. They are both down-to-earth, friendly, and accommodating. We stayed in the “Beachcomber Room, ” a lovely spacious beach-themed bedroom with a king-sized bed and comfortable pillows. There is a cool skylight in the bedroom to view stars as you drift off to sleep. Stephanie made us delicious and warm cookies in the afternoon which we enjoyed in their garden paradise, under the pergola. Those cookies were a nice touch before our scenic hike on a public trail through the fancy residential neighborhoods of Rockport. After eating the best lobsters in the world at Roy Moore’s Fish Shack Restaurant, we plopped ourselves under the pergola, to enjoy the wine we brought from home. Jay kindly lit the fire pit for us before heading back inside the house.
Before checking out the next day, Stephanie made the most delicious breakfast we’ve ever had at a Bed and Breakfast. She made homemade lemon-vanilla scented blueberry muffins, maple glazed bacon, homemade Challah bread French toast and apple compote. Stephanie uses seasonal ingredients from her garden and CSA in her cooking. I know a thing or two about cooking and I was impressed when she showed me a unique galangal-like ginger root that she uses in one of her recipes. My husband and I are big time foodies as well as seasoned travelers and we know when we when we’ve struck gold. Changing Tides B&B is a gem within a gem, a piece of "living" art resting inside the artists colony of Rockport. Staying here is an example of “living the good life” without the hefty price tag. During all of our international travels, we never knew a place like this exists 40 minutes from our own home – a place that would quickly quench our wanderlust.
Thank you Stephanie and Jay for immensely elevating our fun escape to Rockport.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review. We look forward to your next visit!