“Can't wait to go back”
Review of Yankee Clipper Inn

Yankee Clipper Inn
Ranked #8 of 24 Rockport B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I just am off another stay at the Yankee Clipper inn. This time I tried the Sovereign of the Seas room. It's on the third floor, is VERY spacious, bright, and has a private porch! This is a family room (two beds). I liked the closet, which had a window and shelving. The bathroom had a round window like in a boat. Too cute. There are many photos and videos up from the room and the views from the grounds on my Facebook page WhereverIMayRoamKD. Mike the manager is always very helpful and gracious. It is my home away from home when in Rockport.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Mike B, General Manager at Yankee Clipper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and your nice comments. Its always a pleasure having you stay with us! I hope to see you back real soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed at the Yankee Clipper Inn and was absolutely impressed with not only the room but the service with the staff at the Inn. Mike made sure our stay was welcoming and a positive experience. The Inn was very clean and warm, our 5 night stay in the room flying Cloud was a dream. Our room was large, clean and the decor in the room was beyond charming, the private sun room facing the ocean had a wonderful option of being air conditioned or you can enjoy the breeze by opening the windows. There is also a large private deck that is half open and half covered letting you have the option of sun or shade while being outside with the view of the ocean while enjoying the breeze coming right off the Atlantic. My husband and I spent allot of time on the deck just couldn't get enough of it. The staff at the Inn was so wonderful they kept everything clean and stocked, and showed a high level of a courtesy to the guests. But it was more than courtesy it was a down to earth friendliness and a respect to their guests that so many other establishments lack. They also have a breakfast for the guests and upon entering the first morning was warmly greeted by Mike who explained we a a continental breakfast here for us, but then offered scrambled eggs and bacon along with his Belgium waffle which I have to say was so good and big, I was pleasantly surprised with the elegant but friendly table setting of fresh cut flowers on each table, real silverware and napkins and real tablecloth's and staff to bring you your food and clear away the dishes. Again I was left lacking for nothing. The staff couldn't do enough to make sure our stay was the most it could be. I also was impressed with the bedding in our room the sheets and comforter was so soft and comfortable it made sleeping a dream. The architecture and furnishing in the Inn was also impressive made us feel so comfortable, found myself walking around just admiring it all. The grounds are set up for the quests to get the most out of their stay. We also made us of them the small observation deck located at the edge of the rocks and the Gazebo gave us a beautiful place to sit , relax and enjoy the sounds and sites of the Atlantic. We will defiantly be going back.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mike B, General Manager at Yankee Clipper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Thank you for staying and taking the time to write a review. It was our sincere pleasure to have both of you take your week long vacation with us. I hope you get a chance to visit again in the future

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed at the Yankee Clipper in late April, my first stay at a B&B. From the moment I arrive I knew that I had made an excellent choice. I was greeted warmly by Mike and throughout my stay he was very pleasant and helpful. His recommendation of a "local" place was exactly what I was looking for - The Lobster Pool is just down the road and the lobster roll was the best I have ever eaten. I spent 4 nights - 2 in The Red Jacket, and 2 in Lightning. Both rooms were fantastic - the oceanfront views were amazing. I spent time crocheting in the gazebo and thoroughly enjoyed the grounds. Mike recommended a whale watching tour operator - I was able to get the Groupon rate, and the trip was unbelievable. The whales truly put on a show for us that day - something I'll never forget. I travel to Boston from time to time and I will definitely return to the Yankee Clipper. Thank you Mike for making my stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are awesome!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Mike B, General Manager at Yankee Clipper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thanks for staying and taking the time to visit the Inn. You had the great fortune to stay in 2 separate beautiful rooms during our stay which is an awesome way to see more and different views of the ocean. I hope you come back and stay again when in Massachusetts.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We came across the Yankee Clipper Inn by pure chance. We had made an online reservation at the Inn next door, but when we got there the innkeeper told us that he didn't have a room for us. What a shock! Luckily Mike was able to accommodate us. And in the end we were more than happy that things turned out the way they did. After a warm welcome, Mike organized dinner for us Rockport (even though it was 7:50 pm and restaurants close at 8 pm). Our room was great, had a fantastic view and the bed was wonderful. Breakfast was good. And since our plane left in the evening Mike even let us stay in our room a bit longer. Thank you again very much, Mike! We can only recommend the Yankee Clipper Inn and will definitely stay there again should we be in the area.

Room Tip: Our room was "Sovereign" - beautiful view!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thanks for the nice review. It was my staff and my pleasure to have you stay with us. I hope when you get a chance to come back to the United States you visit for a longer stay. There is lots to see and do in Rockport, Cape Ann, and the North shore.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed two nights in "Lightening" - booked on the strength of TA reviews alone it proved to be a lucky choice. There are no bad bits - there was a problem with our room which Mike brought to out attention straight away and gave us a discount. It didn't impede on our stay. Lightening is small but didn't really worry us - it was fine,The Waffle machine was broken !! Didn't effect us at the time until reading on here how nice they are since....!!!! Very good WiFi bu

Spent a vary lazy sunny Sunday sun-bathing in the garden. Great place highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I am so sorry about the waffle iron being broken! It is back in order and I hope you get a chance to visit again to try them!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Was visiting new England we decided to change our plans so ended up booking the yankee clipper inn just two days before our stay
Our room was red jacket and what a treat the view right on the ocean was spectacular we had our own large sun room and balcony
The room and hotel it's self was very oldie worldly not modern but peaceful & clean and Mike the manager was lovey he was so helpful and booked us into a local restaurant the first night and gave us a map of the walk to the town of rockport , breakfast was just a selection of cereals , breads and fruit then they will make to order Belgian waffles or eggs & bacon .. The waffles were so nice
The lady serving breakfast was equally as helpful and nice she was telling us one morning she lives half of the year in rockport and how lucky she is .
The town / village was delightful so clean and tidy and full of little shops and galleries .
I would def recommend this lovely part of the world and the delightful inn

Room Tip: Red jacket ocean view
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yrkshre
Mike B, General Manager at Yankee Clipper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review the Yankee Clipper Inn. Red Jacket is our honeymoon Suite that is appropriate for all occasions and I am so happy you enjoyed the ocean view for your sun room and private patio. Pease come back and visit again if you return to the Boston area.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stayed at the Yankee for my son's wedding which was in Gloucester. I felt like "royalty". The "flying cloud" was magical. The innkeeper "Mike" was extremely helpful getting me around to where I needed to be & the "Belgian" waffles were to die for! The grounds are lovely & the view is awesome! I would definitely stay here again. Thanks Mike for making me feel so welcome &home! Sincerely, Maureen Bowers :)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thanks so much for taking the time to review the Inn. it was our sincere pleasure to have you and your sister stay with us for your son's wedding. I hope you get a chance to return real soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Rockport Inn and Suites
#6 of 7 in Gloucester
The Seafarer Inn
The Seafarer Inn
#2 of 24 in Rockport

Been to Yankee Clipper Inn? Share your experiences!