“Enjoyed our stay!”

Ranked #8 of 24 Rockport B&B and Inns
San Francisco, CA
“Enjoyed our stay!”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Yankee Clipper Inn during a weekend in March. We really enjoyed our stay. Our room (Ariel) was very relaxing. We enjoyed the views from the room and the surrounding area. Mike, the innkeeper, was super nice and super helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Mike B, General Manager at Yankee Clipper Inn, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for your stay and taking the time to review the inn on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I truly hope you get a chance to return soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Boston
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The views were fantastic an the location was great. The gentleman who runs the inn (I think his name was Mike) was really friendly and nice, but didn't quite know when to stop. He also was really pushing us to do a tripadvisor review, which is super counter productive. The waffles were fantastic, but the rest of the breakfast was clearly pre-made and reheated. We got an upgrade to our room since we were so off-season, which was really nice, and the bed was glorious, but the rest of the room was just okay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deborah L
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your room and view. I apologize if you felt my conversation with you was over the top or too much! The hot part of the breakfast consisting of scrambled eggs, bacon, and Belgian Waffles are made fresh to order. To say I am proud of the product, service, and place that I live in would be an understatement!!
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We booked 5 of the 8 rooms at the Yankee Clipper and could not have made a better decision. It was like spending the weekend at home. The rooms were spacious and all had beautiful views of the ocean. We congregated down in the breakfast and living area as if it was our own home. Mike, the caretaker could not have been more hospitable. He made great recommendations for meals and outings. Rockport was absolutely beautiful and we took a trip into Salem which was and easy drive for the day. It was a great weekend...everything I expected and more!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to tell the trip advisor world about your group stay. It was wonderful to work with and meet your group and by the end of the stay feel like old friends. I hope you get a chance to come back and visit Salem and the Yankee Clipper again.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The Yankee Clipper is such an amazing place to stay. When we arrived we were welcomed by the most friendly sincere man Mike. He was so welcoming and informative about the Inn and surrounding areas as well as restaurants. The house is situated right on the water and had amazing views. The breakfast had so much to offer and was served in such a personalized manor. I just can't say enough about the Yankee Clipper and Mike. What a lovely experience!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
I am so glad you had a chance to stay with us here at the Yankee Clipper. Thanks for the nice statements. My staff and I try to treat every guest like we would want to be treated and I have a wonderful staff. I hope you get a chance to visit the North Shore again soon.
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We wanted to get away from the city and stay in a quiet place by the ocean for the weekend. This was the perfect spot. When I booked the room I didn't realize that there was an incredible large sunroom with the most beautiful view of the ocean. There was a comfortable day bed, tables, rocking chairs, lamps, and enough room to create a relaxed space. It was very peaceful and quiet and the only thing we heard was the ocean lulling us to sleep and the birds singing with the sunrise. For lunch we drove five minutes into the center of Rockport, got fresh seafood for take out, and returned to our room to eat it on the porch that connected to the sunroom. This was another pleasant surprise. It was secluded, relaxing, and private: exactly what we wanted! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Mike B, General Manager at Yankee Clipper Inn, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thanks for reviewing the Inn. I am glad you enjoyed your stay so much and the staff and I very much look forward to your next visit!
Arlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Yankee Clipper Inn a few weekends ago for a quick trip out of the city. The atmosphere in Rockport, Gloucester and at the Inn is very relaxing and well worth it! We had a great stay in a room with a really nice ocean view that felt secluded. The amenities were very nice, comfortable and cozy. Mike was very welcoming and helpful. I would definitely recommend the Yankee Clipper Inn for your next trip to this area!

Room Tip: Since it was our second stay, I know that the JFK room is really nice. Any room with windows to the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to review us here on Trip Advisor. I hope you get a chance to stay in Flying Cloud your next time you visit.
Arlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a wonderful night at the Yankee Clipper in with my wife. We wanted to get out of the city and we have stayed here before and loved it! After an early dinner at Duckworth Bistro in Gloucester (Best spot in Cape Ann area) we headed to the Inn to relax, watch some March Madness and listen to the waves crash on to the shore. The views and scenery is amazing. It almost feels like you are on a private island. The room was very clean and updated it had a bigger flat screen TV (with cable) than I have at home. In the morning we were served a fantastic breakfast and coffee to fuel us up before we took the short walk into town to check out the shops. Overall, the location, staff, and history of the building make the Clipper a must stay on Cape Ann. You gotta love Rockport and the Yankee Clipper Inn.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mike B, General Manager at Yankee Clipper Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review the Inn. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your second stay with us as much as your first. Rockport is just starting to open for season and the spring is definitely starting.. The nice breakfast with made to order Belgian Waffles and scrambled eggs definitely helps our guests get ready and go explore! The staff and I look forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Rockport Inn and Suites
#2 of 7 in Gloucester
The Seafarer Inn
The Seafarer Inn
#1 of 24 in Rockport

Been to Yankee Clipper Inn? Share your experiences!