“First time but not the last!”
Review of Yankee Clipper Inn

Yankee Clipper Inn
Ranked #8 of 24 Rockport B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 6, 2012

A creaky floor, a worn banister and Belgian waffles... I thought I was at grandma's and it was PERFECT!!! My wife and I went there for a weekend get-a-way. The location and view were outstanding. We had a wonderful time shopping in Rockport, exploring Gloucester, and soaking in the scenery.
The best part was working with Mike, the manager. He was attentive to every detail. From making the reservation to taking farewell photos for us, he was available 24/7.
We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Of the several anniversaries we have spent here the 39th was the best. Mike went out of his way to accommodate us and great restaurant recommendations. Very relaxing way to spend 4-5 days. Inn still has it's charm with great views and ocean breezes. Good to be back at Rockport and Gloucester. Good shopping and great food.

Thanks again Mike for letting us borrow your camera.
Coleen as well.

Room Tip: Couldn't ask for a better room. Splurge a little and check out the Flying Cloud. Can't beat...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike B, General Manager at Yankee Clipper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

It was great to have you return after a few years away from the Yankee Clipper. We hope to you return back real soon!!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed at Yankee Clipper the weekend of October 12th 2012. Hidden jewel. We loved the welcoming feel, the creaky old floors, the privacy, the views and we will be back. We took a virtual tour before coming and can honestly say that it was true to form.
Mike let us know that anything we needed, call anytime.
It was so nice to see the sunset and the sunrise over the water all experienced by just setting up our rocking chairs in the room. This room Red Jacket had a beautiful sun porch that led out to a private balcony overlooking the ocean. We could not have asked for a better view. Hated to leave that porch.
We will surely be back again. Great getaway and worth every penny.

Room Tip: Just take the virtual tour online before you book and you will find the room that suits you best.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am so glad you had a fantastic weekend. I hope you get a chance to stay again soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had our wedding at the Yankee Clipper Inn this past summer and we can't say enough good things about the staff. Mike, the Innkeeper was helpful and gracious the whole way through, giving us plenty of options for our budget range. He saw our wedding through all the way to the morning after. After we were done we felt like Mike was practically part of the family!

So, rating for the staff: 5 stars or more

As for the place itself:

The grounds are beautiful and so are the views. The inside lobby is absolutely gorgeous and old fashioned as well with a lot of nice mahogany. The rooms are clean and respectable and we slept very comfortably after our celebration.

What sold us on having our wedding there was the banquet room which opens up onto a patio with an amazing view and the ability to walk around the beautiful grounds. The banquet room is a little rough around the edges on the inside, but it's nothing that took away for our wedding experience, especially for the price for a place with such an amazing view.

Another person mentioned this in the reviews, but I think that if the Yankee Clipper gets a restaurant eventually it could be quite an amazing experience to stay there because it's such a cool old house.

Rating for the building itself: 4 stars, however the staff was so great the overall stays at 5!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike B, Manager at Yankee Clipper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

It was a great pleasure to have you both at the Inn. I hope to see you back for your anniversaries real soon.

Mike

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have never stayed at such a welcoming place! Mike was absolutely a dream! Just one example, I wanted to take some live lobsters home for my family, not only did mike give me a cooler he even called ahead with my order on a sunday morning and they had everything ready for me!!! I truely enjoyed our stay and will definately be back!! Its beautiful!!!! Im thinking my parents could renew their vows on their 50th wedding anniversary on the gorgeous grounds! It is breathtaking!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank tlnz28

It was my staff and my pleasure to have to have you at the Yankee Clipper. Keep us in my mind for the family reunion next year.

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We've stayed in the volonteer suite at Yankee Clipper Inn twice this year and we are looking forward to going back again. We fell in love with breathtaking views of the Atlantic and the charming atmosphere of this hidden treasure. Small steps away from a cliff side gazebo where you can meet the sunrise. This place is full of small details, for one, the pool was refreshing like the ocean, I did t realize it was a salt pool, it was a nice touch. Secondly, a get away is a get away, there is only ocean and landscape, we sat in many different places and it felt like we were in a many different places. And we were greeted by a gentleman like he was welcoming us into his own house. Thanks Mike.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Sashulkin123
Reviewed October 15, 2012

SAVE YOUR MONEY and go somewhere else!!! I was there one night and needed a place nearby for a wedding the next day. I was so disappointed starting with my phone call inquiry. I asked about price, then told the manager I would have to call back, to which he replied abruptly, that price was only good for twenty minutes.That should have been my clue to move on. The room was dirty, the bedding was gold polyester pilled sheets, the rug was very stained, as was the bathroom floor. The Inn, as well as my room had a very unpleasant odor. Breakfast was less than what I've had at a chain hotel, although the woman was very pleasant. I struggled with my luggage, as the manager just kept talking about orienting me to the hotel, until I asked for assistance. The setting is lovely, but I know there are many other choices, if it' s a view someone is looking for.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank pac123888

I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with the property, but to be fair I am to going to respond to your claims. The reason you had to be called back by the manager is you wanted a cheap rate and an upgrade which we offered you a $50 discount and an upgraded oceanfront room and after all that you had to call other people to check to see if that was alright when you were the only person staying the room! I could only keep that great rate offer on the table for 20 minutes on a sure to be sold out night which it turned out to be. It sounds like great customer service to me. On arrival I assisted you with your bags up to the 3rd floor and heard nothing but compliments from you. On your departure I apologize that I was unable to assist you with your bag, but all staff was busy taking care of guests with breakfast. Thanks for your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Rockport Inn and Suites
Atlantis Oceanfront Inn
Atlantis Oceanfront Inn
#1 of 7 in Gloucester
The Quarterdeck Inn by the Sea

Been to Yankee Clipper Inn? Share your experiences!