“Sorry, but we were not impressed”
Review of The Lobster Pool

The Lobster Pool
Ranked #17 of 53 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed April 26, 2009

After stopping there for lunch all three of us concluded that the place seems overrated. First, the woman who took our orders was rushed, insolent and pretty close to rude. The chowder was a bit better than OK, though not even close to what you'd get a better hotel in Boston. The fried halibut was excellent. But the fried shrimp were soggy, not crisp, and the lobster roll was pedestrian (for $15). We all agreed that we had eaten much better seafood at a fraction of the price, and without the nasty edge from the people behind the counter.

Reviewed October 14, 2008

The lobster was perfectly cooked and absolutely delicious, the setting was incredible. We sat outside by the water on a cool sunny day in October, brought a bottle of local Russell Orchards wine, and had an incredible experience.

2  Thank Karen B
Reviewed October 1, 2008

We stopped into the Lobster Pool at the end of August for lunch. The experience was sublimely casual; self service, picnic tables and a wonderful waterside view. We had a lovely lunch at the Lobster Pool and would recommend it to anyone that is going to be in the vicinity!

2  Thank NovaTova
Reviewed August 29, 2008

I've been to the Lobster Pool twice in the past year. Last fall, stopped in on a stormy day and had a fabulous lobster as we sat by the wood stove and kept warm. This summer, just after 4th of July, took my whole family there for lobster. The lobsters were small, expensive, and not very good. No one in my family raved about it, and I didn't either. I was really disappointed, as my experience there in the fall was so spectacular. Maybe it was an off day, but I'm trying some other "lobster in the rough" places before I go back to the Lobster Pool.

2  Thank glostagal
Reviewed August 20, 2008

nice family restaurant with a nice view of the atlantic ocean, good chowder,clams,lobsters ,inside or outside dining on picnic tables, byob (cool) the downside is try not to go during the weekends, it,s busy and parking is not the greatest on weekends you wont be disapointed

2  Thank briish