“Bad, really BAD!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed September 17, 2011

My wife and I ordered clam plate and steamed mussels. The mussels had no flavor, and the broth tasted like hot water. The clams were also tasteless. We threw away more than half the meal. Learn from our mistake, do not eat here. There are many similar restaurants that serve delicious food. We'll stick with Farnham's in Essex.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

We heard good things about this restaurant so we made the drive out. Really nice view but the food was very disappointing. Although we don't eat lobster, most of us got either the haddock fish and chips or the haddock fish bites which you still would expect to be great being a seafood restaurant. I was with another family and none of us finished our meals. They were flavorless. I hate writing bad reviews but the restaurant really needs to try their own items and change the batter to improve the taste.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

I was on Granite St for a two-day vacation recently and went to the Lobster Pool twice during my trip. Fried items are always great and reasonably priced for the area. One night, I got a caesar salad with salmon, which was excellent, although the cost seemed excessive ($20). Still, it's definitely a place I stop at everytime I'm in the area.
It's right on the water (gorgeous), with indoor and outdoor dining, BYOB.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

I visited The lobster pool in Rockport with my wife and a group of friends and had a great time there. The restaurant seats just beside the seaside and has great views. The place is quaint and everyone was very nice. We did not have to wait for a table, and our food (lobster, clam, lobster rolls and onion rings) was very good and quite affordable. The only minor drawback is that they do not serve alcoholic beverages and you have to bring them by yourself.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

The fried food was very average - not bad, but not good either. Lobster roll was just okay. Whole lobster's can be found for less $ in Rockport (Bearskin neck). There is nice view of the water, overall though we would not recommend