“Something for everyone” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fish Shack Restaurant

Fish Shack Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 52 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
rhode island
“Something for everyone”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

Some of our party wanted seafood so we decided on the Fish Shack. There were choices fror both the seafood lover and those who'd rather not have seafood. The food was good. I liked that each table had a paper listing the market prices for the meals which were priced daily. Everything on the menu sounded good- it was hard to decide what to have. I wish we could have gone back to try other menu items, but you can only do so much in a weekend! You need to find a parking spot on the street.

1 Thank rifam

Texas
“Mediocre and overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

I wanted to avoid what I thought were the very pricey dinners at the inn where I was staying so I opted for dinner at the Fish Shack. I ordered the lobster linguini and was very disappointed. It was the first time I've ever had tough lobster! The included vegetable side was just frozen broccoli florettes on a small side dish, no seasoning. No bread. No salad either since I declined to pay the dollar extra to get salad instead of a vegetable. In the end, my tab with one glass of wine was $28 plus tip. I could have had a multi-course meal at the inn for $30 plus tip.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank optimistdoc
Pennsylvania
“Lobster at the Fish Shack”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2009

I had my first Lobster at the Fish Shack in Rockport. This was a really good restaurant in Rockport. It was recommended highly by the B & B we were staying at. It was very crowded, and the food and atmosphere was great.

1 Thank Jodyh47
Simsbury, CT
“Small portion”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2009

My husband and I recently ate at the Fish Shack. I had the 3 pound Lobster special which was delicious! My husband had the baked haddock. He substituted the vegetable for the tossed salad for an extra $1.00 and was very disappointed in the small dinner salad he received. When his meal came, another big disappointment. Although, the haddock was delicious, there were only two very small pieces. For the price, not worth it. The place itself was quaint and overlooked the water. Since this was our first time, I would try it again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Minneapolis
“Excellent fish, view and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2009

This is the least expensive and best tasting lobster I have had this year. The boiled lobster was on special for about $13 (lunch). And it was boiled in fresh water (unlike the other most popular shack which cooks it in salt water- too salty!). It was really fresh and delicious. The view of the old harbor and the bay is truly outstanding, and visible from all tables! The service was quiet, unobtrusive and very friendly.