“Excellent seafood and great view”

Fish Shack Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 53 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
New Hampshire, USA
“Excellent seafood and great view”
Reviewed May 26, 2009

On our annual visit to Rockport, we decided to try the Fish Shack based on the reviews we read. We were not disappointed. The lobster roll was delicious, plenty of fresh lobster meat with mayo on the side so you can add the amount you like. The fried scallops were excellent. Good sized portions. The view of the harbor on a sparkling day was a pleasant addition to our meal. Very informal, perfect for families. Will definitely return.

1 Thank Donna057

Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and Great service!!”
Reviewed February 19, 2009

The Fish Shack is the only place to go in Rockport. It has a laid back atmosphere and delicious food. Great prices and wonderful service!

1 Thank shortylb
round rock
“Just what we were looking for”
Reviewed August 30, 2008

It has been years since I had been to New England, and I wanted some fresh fried clams, and a lobster roll real bad. Thats what we had along with some fries and cole slaw. The bottom line was that we had some wonderful seafood, a great view...and we paid a fair price for it. Those clams were fresh, sweet and perfect. Now that I live in Texas, I really miss those. Anyway, if you happen to be visiting Rockport and are "jonesing" for some clams, this place will more than do you OK. Enjoy.

2 Thank vespagl
Lowell, Massachusetts
“Just what I'd expect in Rockport”
Reviewed August 24, 2008

The Fish Shack exterior had that old seatown look that prompted my party of 4 to go inside. We were promtply seated and had a wonderful view of the harbor on a bright sunny afternoon. Inside atmosphere was typical seasside motif. Drinks were ordered and delivered in good time by a nice friendly waitress. Our food orders - mine being Lobster Pie and my husbands being haddock arrived within a reasonable time but both orders of potatoes (instant) were cold. The waitress was quick to replace them but instant potatoes??? Not for the price we paid!!! The vegetable served was kernel corn (canned I think) - OK but not what I'd expected. The Lobster was very nicely done - and the haddock disappeared from my husbands plate quickly and was said to be very good. Our friends shrimp and swordfish dishes were fresh and tasty and serverd with a side of rice pilaf and there were no complaints. Overall our experience was good - just wished they'd bump up the quality of mashed potato and veggies. As a side note, the ladies room had three stalls, two of which were out of order and the one working was out of bathroom tissue. That was a turnoff but 'm willing to give it another try in the future.

Nevada
“Good food!”
Reviewed June 11, 2008

We thought the food was really good--it doesn't get any fresher than this! You can also now have a glass of wine or beer with your meal--it's no longer a dry restaurant.

Our server was very helpful and friendly. Which was a nice plus...since, sadly, we couldn't say the same for a lot of the restaurants and stores in Rockport. We kind of got used to it after a few days....

The meals are simply prepared, but as fresh as they come. I'd definitely recommend it!

1 Thank szpal