“Hearty and satisying dinner”

Fish Shack Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 53 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is one of the few restaurants in Rockport that is still open for dinner at 8 PM. I had fish cakes, which were tasty. The beans and cole slaw were average, but that was okay. One of my daughters had chicken and the other had the lazy man's lobster casserole, which she enjoyed very much. Our waitress was friendly and efficient. Overall it isn't a fancy place but the food is good and we had no complaints.

1  Thank Marlene K

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I ate here twice during my recent visit to Rockport. It's a small restaurant but great view and good food. There aren't many places to eat while in Rockport so this is a good place to visit.

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

A busy basic restaurant with no frills. Great choice of fish and shellfish. It has a good view over the water which alas we were unable to appreciate as we ate after dark. Quick and friendly service.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Ordered take out Clam and Corn Chowders, House Salads, and fries. The chowders were excellent and perfect for the cold October afternoon. The salads tasted like they were picked minutes ago - delicious!! The fries were were not as crispy or browned as I'd asked for, but nobody makes good fries anymore.

The staff was wonderful and friendly. We look forward to another visit.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The Fish Shack is a huge restaurant with lots of tables, which makes it really easy to get in for a meal. We visited on a busy day in Rockport this year, and still didn't have long to wait. My hubby and I both had twin lobsters, which were delicious. Our waitress had the personality of a rock, and seemed extremely disinterested, but we didn't let that bother us. We were there for the food and the view, both of which were great.