“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I selected Roy Moores Fish Shack for dinner after being advised that the restaurant serves fresh lobster from Moores Lobster fishing biz. Menu was a bit limited beyond haddock, salmon, shellfish and lobster dishes. With advice of a nice waitress, I ordered a cup of clam chowder and the lobster scampi. The clam chowder was very hot and good. But the lobster scampi was a disappointment. I may have misread the menu but I received a plate full of linguine, did not expect the pasta, with maybe 12 small pieces of lobster over it along with some small pieces of off-color tomato. The lobster pieces ranged in size from pieces of the claw tip smaller that the size of my thumb nail, to maybe seven pieces 2/3 the size of my thumb; all rather flavorless and tough. I really did not notice any sauce on the dish; generally I thought it a poor dish. I did write a note on their copy of the card receipt about the cost vs. what I received. I know many people would think that paying $19 for lobster scampi and the overall meal with tax at $27 for one is not too bad to sit in a sort of quaint resort restaurant that has a nice view of the harbor is not too much. But my opinion that the minimum $15 charged for the lobster meat made this little guy cost $60 a pound. I did not send it back or let the waitress know of my issues; my bad. In all fairness, they should be able to serve a decent lobster. But I would not return.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The $12.95 lobster was a great and affordable meal. We ate there twice, and both times were good. The peach crumble dessert was very good.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

A very popular restaurant with an excellent menu mainly featuring lobster. Good value and a nice location overlooking the bay.

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We started with clam chowder, then had the fish cakes with beans and lobster scampi on linguine. We enjoyed the casual atmosphere, and the food was very good (except the beans were a bit disappointing). Very nice waitress.

1  Thank Cindy H
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Excellent food at a good price. Try to new England baked scallops, they are very good. There is a beautiful view outside the picture windows and you can enjoy your dinner and watch the lovely sunset here.