“Dinner with a view”

Grand Cafe At The Emerson Inn
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our Hoistoric Hotel is proud to feature The Grand Cafe, one of the finest Rockport, MA restaurants. Starting with a magnificent view of the Atlantic Ocean - just 50 yards from the dining room - and ending with delectable desserts, everything in-between is what fine dining should be. Our chef serves up fine New England fare using the freshest local ingredients and appetizers, salads, entrees, and desserts from his own original recipes, resulting in our classic and creative cuisine.
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Ate at the Grand Café for the second time in a couple of months last night. New chef recently and it is a good change. Was a little chilly but we still sat on the porch, where they have added new drop down "plastic" window covers. You can still enjoy the view but be warmer on these nights. My husband had both Chef Specials - the fois gras appetizer - which had blueberries!!! He said it was unbelievable. then he had the tuna for dinner, and again, was so happy with it. I am a creature of habit and had their chowda - which is a little thinner than I like it but it had a good flavor and the Shrimp Linguini. Good as well. Restaurant was slow - just 2 girls on staff, but they were both very sweet and helpful and looked to be enjoying the night. We actually live down the street - so we can walk which is nice. They have also added a "bar" - which is unheard of in Rockport - but its a very nice touch. We will be back soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Dinner and drinks were fabulous! THe ambiance is just perfect for a romantic dinner. I highly recommend this restaruant! Love the setting of it all. Its a great romantic evening. We tried it for the first time this year and I/We will certainly be returning again and soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We were struggling to find an open restaurant in Rockport when we thought to try Emerson by the Sea, it is a revelation! Views across the Atlantic from a wonderful Dining Room that is anything but a cafe, if you can find better food in Rockport I would be surprised, the Duck an Halibut that we ate were both prepared and presented to perfection and there is a great wine list as well.
Do not look at anywhere else in Rockport, I believe the rooms are great as well!

Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

This lovely old inn stirs up more fashionable times in its past but can still deliver a fine dining experience. The bar is under stocked with unskilled help and the menu offers limited but tasty, well-presented dishes. The lobster with the chef's special risotto was fabulous and the scallops were fresh, prepared perfectly and delicious. The place is tired yet beyond all others in the area for a special event or just a great dinner.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

My husband and I had dinner and ordered the Cape Ann seafood stew at $62.00 for two. While the taste was good, the portion was more for one person than two. There were five shrimp, less mussels than in an appetizer portion for one person , only enough calamari for about two canapé crackers and the lobster was MIA. When we complained, yet brought us two more shrimp and one lobster tail. My husband and I are not big eaters and this is the first time that we were still hungry after a meal especially in the US where potions tend to be enormous. We eat often in upscale restaurants and have been all over the world and this is the first time that there was not enough food. Also the service left to be desired, they did not refill our water glasses and did't pour the wine after the first glass.

1  Thank Roger S