“Great food and a beautiful view!”
Review of Grand Cafe At The Emerson Inn - CLOSED

Grand Cafe At The Emerson Inn
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our Hoistoric Hotel is proud to feature The Grand Cafe, one of the finest Rockport, MA restaurants. Starting with a magnificent view of the Atlantic Ocean - just 50 yards from the dining room - and ending with delectable desserts, everything in-between is what fine dining should be. Our chef serves up fine New England fare using the freshest local ingredients and appetizers, salads, entrees, and desserts from his own original recipes, resulting in our classic and creative cuisine.
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was staying at the Inn and ate two meals here and enjoyed them both. The food was very good and the staff was excellent. the portions are large for fine dining. It can be expensive (about $30 per entree) although they have cheaper casual fare too like burgers, flatbreads, and fish and chips. Nice wine selection, and delicious fresh bread too.

1  Thank 13Narya
There are newer reviews for Grand Cafe At The Emerson Inn

Reviewed August 2, 2012

There is something magical about the place. The staff is congenial, the atmosphere is beautiful, and the food is reliably good. A lovely Rockport experience.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I dined at the Grand Cafe on a Monday night in July. Something was definitely off that night. We became a little concerned when the three tables around us were all complaining about their food. I ordered a filet mignon and my husband had scallops. The food was not very good. The server did ask if we wanted to order something else but at that point we just wanted to leave. My $32 steak actually had no taste and my husband's scallops didn't seem fresh. My husband ordered a drink and the waitress brought the wrong drink and never returned with another drink even after we asked two times. We did see the manager addressing some of the complaints at tables around us. Would we return? Probably not. This restaurant was too expensive for the quality of food. There are better choices in Rockport.

1  Thank LyndaHen
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Scallops sauteed on a bed of crab risotto with braised spinach... need I say more? The service is superb, the view outstanding and we never felt rushed.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This was our splurge of our weekend in Rockport. We ate on the screened-in porch, overlooking the garden and water. The food was tasty and well-prepared (my husband thought his swordfish was one of the best he has ever eaten). And, in reality, the prices are not a lot higher than what you might pay in some of the tourist traps that are less special.