Last June, we ventured to Rockport to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary and found a home away from home.
Located just a short walk from the center of this historic seaside village, The Beech Tree Bed and Breakfast, owned by Dan and Helene Duffy is the ultimate in B & B's. From the moment I phoned and spoke to Dan to make our reservations, I knew our stay was going to be perfect. Pulling up to the Beech Tree only confirmed that......this 1850's Greek revival home, though decorated to absolute perfection, was cozy and welcoming and immaculate from the front door, to the porch and every where in between.The Beech Tree has three rooms for guests - all upstairs. We got to stay in Marga's room. Before you even see the photos, I will tell you that I didn't want to come home. Dan and Helene were the consummate hosts and their intention for perfection was obvious in everything the Beech Tree offers. Whether it be the unbelievably decadent linens on the beds, the fully equipped bathrooms, the homey decor throughout, the beautiful gardens, or the delectable breakfasts they serve - not one detail was overlooked. Each and every room, every area of this home makes you want to sit and relax and beckons you to stay.
The side porch with it's rocking chairs and beautiful view of the magnificent beech tree was the perfect spot to rest after a morning of exploring Rockport. We were fortunate to be blessed with beautiful weather during our visit, so both mornings breakfast was served outside on the patio. Trust me - the fact that we ate outside in no way made this a less than elegant meal. In addition to delicious yogurt, fresh fruit and homemade granola, each day we were also served a hot breakfast, juice and coffee or tea. My only disappointment was in not getting to eat in the simply beautiful dining room!
It is very easy to see why the Beech Tree B & B was a 2013 Certificate of Excellence winner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate three guest room inn in a seaside village on Cape Ann. Two well appointed guest rooms and one suite, all with private baths. AC, TV and ceiling fans. Serving breakfast in a sun filled formal dining room or weather permitting on the porch or patio.Plated Breakfast includes:fresh fruit, home made granola, Greek yogurt, hot entree, baked good and assorted juices, coffee and tea. Enjoy the common areas which include Living Room, recently expanded Sun Room, Covered Side Porch, Patio and Garden area. Sit in a rocking chair while enjoying the sea coast weather and the shade of the 100 year old beech tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Beech Tree B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beech Tree Bed And Breakfast
- Beech Tree Hotel Rockport