“Better looking than some in Rockport.”

My Place by the Sea
Ranked #11 of 53 Restaurants in Rockport
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2018

Eaten here before and enjoyed. Both had clam chowder but felt it a little peppery for our taste. Service good and lovely location especially f on outside table when weather good.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

We had walked past this restaurant a few times and thought it looked interesting so we decided to have lunch yesterday. Great lunch special - Clam Chowder, Lobster Salad Sandwich, and a Salad. The desserts were equally as good, Espresso Creme Brûlée and the Chef’s Special Brazilian inspired cake with ice cream.
Scott, our waiter was very attentive and informative. All in all a great dining experience with the best views in Rockport.

Reviewed September 20, 2018

Our friends and I had a lovely lunch sitting out on the porch by the ocean. It was a beautiful afternoon and the food matched the setting. The clam chowder was excellent as was the fish sandwich. I had the soup/sandwich combo. My wife had the whole sandwich. Our friends had a salad and the lobster roll, which was overflowing with lobster with very little filling. Incidentally, all the merchants we spoke with recommended My Place as THE place to eat.

Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

Mussels are wonderful, salmon burgers so delicious as were fish sandwiches. Ambiance can’t be beat. Servers very professional. Sitting outside was so relaxing and enjoyable. Highly recommend.

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Except for the view, there is no reason visiting this place. The food quality is extremely low as everything you see on the menu is from the bag. My boyfriend ordered salmon burger and asked whether they have french fries as a side. The waiter said “oh no, we don’t serve that here but we have an amazing baked potato” and as a no joke he brought a bagged chips on the side. Bread was old and literarily the same as they sell in Market basked for $6 a bag. My pasta was straight from the bag along with the cooked chicken strips that you can buy in the store. This place is expensive and it is such a shame what they offer. It is such an obvious trap! I am surprised that it is ranked high here. If you ever had real made pasta or burger, you will definitely not like this restaurant.