“We just loved everything!”

My Place by the Sea
Ranked #10 of 52 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Danvers, Massachusetts
“We just loved everything!”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

The view was amazing and the waiter staff were so attentive. Our dishes were delightful. We went for lunch and had great salad, glass of wine and delishes desserts. It was a little pricey but well worth it. I would definitely try dinner there.

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing view... but that's about it”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

This restaurant is located in one of the loveliest positions in Rockport, right at the end of Bearskin Neck. Unfortunately, the view from the upper deck (which, admittedly, is truly staggering at sunset) was the sole highlight of our evening - we left thoroughly disappointed. The menu is extraordinarily limited (for a restaurant located literally on the sea I was amazed to see less than half of entrees were seafood options) and had no reflection of season or what local produce was available (save for the ubiquitous lobster). The wait staff were either young and inexperienced or pretentious and condescending. Living in London, I am used to my fair share of pretentious restaurants but these normally have excellent quality food to back it up - my "cedar plank roasted salmon" was nicely cooked but the soggy and bland vegetables and long grain rice it was sitting on were an unpleasant surprise. The "fisherman's stew" was more of a light, vaguely spicy broth - not bad, but nothing special. In short - it's a beautiful location, let down by the average and over-priced restaurant currently occupying it.

4 Thank Katy M
boston,ma
“Lie to customers by the sea!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Called to make a 720 reservation but felt a bit seasick. I conscientiously cancelled by 6:30. I felt better by 8:15 and called to see if they would take us but said NO we are closed!! Hmm. We walked phased at 9:15.. again at 10:00 loads of bustling staff and a petty still drinking and dining away on the patio. Petulant and spiteful. We are respected professionals with vast knowledge and a large circle of travelers. They were stupid to lose the business and now add to a bad reputation. I ran into an employee at a nearby establishment who called for us stating, they are lying..my friend works there and said he would be there till at least 10:30. Really tacky behavior. They should be ashamed!!!

Visited August 2014
6 Thank rudixoxo
Ewing, New Jersey
“Wonderful place for lunch”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We sat outside, with a view of the water. The food and service were excellent. Nice menu choices for vegetarians. Wish we had another afternoon in the area to spend there!

Winsted, Connecticut
“Delicious”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

The food was delicious and the view was amazing at sunset. I felt that the wait staff were very young and inexperienced at their jobs. They worked hard and were friendly, but for the price of the meal, I would have preferred more experienced staff. The restaurant was very pricey and had a limited menu. I enjoyed my meal and the mussel appetizer was fantastic. We had the best tasting Cod special that I have ever had.

Visited August 2014