“Top notch!”

Ranked #10 of 53 Restaurants in Rockport
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I did not have reservations here, but they were very accommodating. We got a great spot outside on the covered patio overlooking the ocean. Our server was very well mannered and had such great things to say about the meals, which is always a plus. The food was superb. Before the meal we were given a bowl of delicious, warm homemade bread and focaccia with sea salted butter on the side. I highly recommend their halibut with citrus butter sauce over jasmine rice! Great food, service and atmosphere!

There are newer reviews for My Place by the Sea

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have been going to this Restaurant for many years. I always have their Raspberry Chicken Salad. It is one of the best salads I've ever had. The Raspberries were at the peak of flavor. My husband has his usual hamburger but it is a very good one. The staff is great and very friendly. We love the view and the gentle breeze.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

"My Place" provided us with two of the best meals we've ever had in a seaside restaurant in the United States. It helped that the weather was gorgeous, and the views extraordinary, but leaving that aside, this was ambitious, excellent cooking, presented by an unusually professional young waitstaff. There's real talent in the kitchen here, and the dining areas are attractively and thoughtfully arranged, especially considering the constraints of the small spaces in a little house at the end of Bearskin Neck. Some reviewers take offense at having to wait outside, but that's life in a place where there isn't room for a bar, or even much of a vestibule. To avoid disappointment --the place is deservedly busy-- make a reservation, simple as that. By the way, the wine list is nicdely varied, with several modestly-priced options, and good things by the glass.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The charm and views put us in a good mood to begin with. the staff was very professional. The wine selection was delicious and the meal was superb. Going back next summer.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Our appetizers and entree were both very good to excellent for a resort restaurant. The lobster roll will now be my new standard to judge others by. Prices are high but the portions are also big for this type of restaurant.
The only "rip off" was the carafe of white wine we ordered. $ 17.00 for 350ml ! In Europe a full carafe is 750ml for about the same price. Better off getting the lowest priced brand bottle for $ 34.00.
Since they're probably closed from Dec. to late March, you have to make your money in 8-9 months instead of 12......