“Food was great.”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
PA
“Food was great.”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The food was amazing. The owner was a bit snippy when I had reminded her that we requested a window table and tried to argue with me. However, our server was fantastic! Try the warm chocolate cake for dessert. The unsweetened whipped cream on the plate was gross, but the cake was so good!

Visited October 2012

Garden City NY
“My Place to see the sea”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

At the end of a road of tourist-trap shops, one finds "My Place" We had lunch outside overlooking the ocean. There was a small regatta of yachts racing off shore. It was a perfectly blue end of summer day. The location beat the lunch, which was just average. My Place does not need to worry about customers when the sun shines.

It is very difficult to park in Rockport. Parking is free and unavailable. It took us 30 minutes to find an open space about a mile away from this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012
“A bargain at half the price”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Rockport is short on top-notch restaurants, a result of being "dry" for 150 years until 2005. My Place by the Sea is probably the best there is downtown, and it's pretty good - not just the food, but especially the ocean view from the tip (almost) of Bearskin Neck. It's easy walking distance to Rockport Music events. The reservation policy is weather-dependent, which is limiting. I wouldn't give it an "excellent" rating, because it doesn't compare to the best restaurants in neighboring Gloucester (notably Duckworth's Bistrot); I might have gone with "very good" except for the outrageous pricing. A price cut of a third across the board would be about right.

• Visited August 2012
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Lobster Roll Priced to perfection...and it was”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Lobster roll was made perfectly...Fresh shucked lobster, just a hint of mayo, celery just for color contrast & a fresh baked roll. Had it twice in different years and it is the standard that I set other Lobster Rolls to! Sat outside on a sunny afternoon. Quite a nice spot. Also has Portuguese stew that was good. Price was quite high, given there was an oversupply of lobsters this summer, it did not show up in the "Market Price". If you got the Cash, it's a great lunch spot!!

• Visited July 2012
Brooklyn, New York
“I enjoyed my time here”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The outside is so sweet looking! Inside is nice, too. Had a great waiter. I was in the mood for shrimp scampi (wasn't on the menu) and they made it for me anyway. Thanks! The deserts were great. My friend had the lamb. She raved about it. Def going back next time I'm in this part of town.

Visited September 2012