“A bargain at half the price”

My Place by the Sea
Ranked #10 of 52 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“A bargain at half the price”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Rockport is short on top-notch restaurants, a result of being "dry" for 150 years until 2005. My Place by the Sea is probably the best there is downtown, and it's pretty good - not just the food, but especially the ocean view from the tip (almost) of Bearskin Neck. It's easy walking distance to Rockport Music events. The reservation policy is weather-dependent, which is limiting. I wouldn't give it an "excellent" rating, because it doesn't compare to the best restaurants in neighboring Gloucester (notably Duckworth's Bistrot); I might have gone with "very good" except for the outrageous pricing. A price cut of a third across the board would be about right.

Beverly, Massachusetts
“Lobster Roll Priced to perfection...and it was”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Lobster roll was made perfectly...Fresh shucked lobster, just a hint of mayo, celery just for color contrast & a fresh baked roll. Had it twice in different years and it is the standard that I set other Lobster Rolls to! Sat outside on a sunny afternoon. Quite a nice spot. Also has Portuguese stew that was good. Price was quite high, given there was an oversupply of lobsters this summer, it did not show up in the "Market Price". If you got the Cash, it's a great lunch spot!!

• Visited July 2012
Brooklyn, New York
“I enjoyed my time here”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The outside is so sweet looking! Inside is nice, too. Had a great waiter. I was in the mood for shrimp scampi (wasn't on the menu) and they made it for me anyway. Thanks! The deserts were great. My friend had the lamb. She raved about it. Def going back next time I'm in this part of town.

Visited September 2012
Newton, Massachusetts
“I loved visiting this tranquil place”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

After a lot of research on Rockport I know this was the place I wanted to have lunch at when my son and I went to visit. We were able to sit at a table that over looked the ocean, just what I always wanted to do. The Waite staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. The food was so delicious I wish I could have tried everything on the menu. I will return to this wonderful place next season to try more items on that menu.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Won't be Beat”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Wife and I have been dining at MPBTS for many years. Barbara and Kathy are superb, with Barbara working the front of the house and Kathy whipping up superb meals in the kitchen.

I don't believe one can find a view, on the North Shore, more beautiful than that on the deck of My Place. With the waves lapping against the rocks and a beautiful sunset, the food is secondary and that's saying something, considering how delicious every plate is prepared.

During our last visit, me and my wife order the baked scallop and artichoke with mustard crumb, for an appetizer. Great flavors combine to make this my favorite app.

We both ordered our favorite dish, Pan Seared Szechuan Salmon. Kathy knows we like it extra spicy and she was spot on, as usual. The cilantro also provides a great addition of flavor to the dish.

We weren't in the mood for dessert this time, however, you have to try the Coco Daniel. Coconut cake with peanut brittle ice cream, butterscotch and toasted coconut. Need I say more?

The Gem of the North Shore if not the South Shore as well.