“Superb Service”

Seven South Street Inn
Ranked #3 of 24 Rockport B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 23, 2010

My husband and I decided to get away on the spur of the moment on a Friday
and chose the Seven South Street Inn in Rockport, MA. Being a busy professional
woman myself, I e-mailed the inn desperately hoping that they had accomodations
for 2 days later - Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights - I received a prompt response
with what was available and Debbie kept in contact with me right through the reser-
vation process and our time of arrival, not wasting a moment of my precious work
time.. I left the pertinent information via the telephone that was picked up by her
machine while she was helping another guest. I have enormous praise for those dealing with the public when they focus on whom they are helping rather than
leaving people waiting while they take another call or worse still leaving someone
standing there when the phone rings and dashing off to take the call.

This was one of the best customer service experiences I have had and I say this
without reservation. I can't imagine things going any more smoothly.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 22, 2010

My husband and I are well traveled and we particularly enjoy staying at bed and breakfast inns. After much research, we decided to call for a reservation at the Seven South Street Inn.
I dialed the Inn and the phone rang numerous times and an answering maching picked up - at 2:00 in the afternoon. I proceeded to call back about an hour later and a woman very curtly answered the phone after the phone had rung at least 15 times.
I said that I would like to make a reservation for early June and she said "Uh hum" and then there was dead silence. I was a bit stunned as I expected her to say something... anything, maybe along the lines of, "We have such and such room available" or anything to that effect.
Instead, after a brief moment of silence, the woman very rudely said, "Are you still there?"
I proceeded to tell her that I would like to see which rooms are available and she proceeded to tell me that I couldn't have rooms 2, 4 or 7 because they were taken already.
She was quite bothered by the fact that I had called to make a reservation; it was quite obvious that I was bothering the Inn and this woman.
Knowing at this point that I did not want to stay at this Inn, I told the woman that I wanted to look on-line in order to review the room choices and I would call back in order to make my reservation.
She promptly said "Bye" and that was it.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
8  Thank allsunny1234
Reviewed March 28, 2010

Really very good. Great breakfast. Very personable. Felt right at home.

Reviewed March 27, 2010

We would definitely recommend staying here. Rockport is a beautiful little town and the Seven South Street Inn is very close to the center and the main attractions.

The rooms are so pretty! We felt like we were staying at a friend's home. Everything smelled so clean and fresh. Really nice linens and comfy bed. Very homey and welcoming. We really were able to relax.

Another really cool thing is that the owner made me a totally gluten-free breakfast when I mentioned to her that I had an allergy. Very delicious!

The owner was very warm and kind to us, which, of course, always makes a big difference. She recommended we eat dinner at a restaurant in Gloucester, called the Franklin Cafe, that turned out to be fantastic (live Jazz, great food).

Reviewed March 21, 2010

Our second visit to the Seven South Street and again we had a lovely time. The rooms are charming and cozy with wonderful details. The breakfasts are fabulous, and Debbie and Nick are very friendly hosts. The charm of Rockport is definitely reflected in this inn. We will return for sure!

Reviewed March 15, 2010

Debbie goes out of her way to make you comfortable in this lovely B + B! Breakfast was over the top delish... room was super clean and sooo quiet! Hope to return with the spouse for a longer stay. Cape Ann is beautiful, bring your camera and plan to peruse the local shops and artisans...what a delight!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2009

We stayed two nights, which means we had two great breakfasts, at the Seven South Street Inn. Very clean rooms, small but ours was very well decorated, and just a few minutes walk down the hill into the charming town of Rockport. Just far enough to make you feel like you got to walk off a little of your dinner on the way back (maybe 10 min away tops). Just a few minutes walk from the shore and a nice array of restarants, stores and galleries within a short distance. Highly recommend to B&B inclined travelers.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple