“Still The Best!!!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Still The Best!!!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I fell in love with Ellen's the first time I visited, so had to go back this past Saturday.bringing friends with me.. The place was packed! We waited almost an hour for a table....but it was well worth it. Within moments of being seated we were greeted by the manager asking if she could start us off with a beverage. After delivering our beverages the manager told us our server would be right with us. Within moments our order was taken. It took a bit longer to get our food compared to the first time I visited, but completely understandable as the restaurant was packed. After getting our food...prime rib...excellent...2 fish and chips....my favorite...and a three way..fried shrimp, haddock and calamari...so much food...the server checked back to see if we needed any thing else. A little while later the manager stopped by to see how every thing was....very nice touch. If you want great food, good service...and made to feel special....Just go to Ellen's....cannot wait to go back!!!

• Visited August 2012

USA
“Going Down Hill”
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

We've been to this place several times a season over the last three years. The food and menu keep getting worse with a more processed frozen food-y feel. I probably would not bother to diss except we tried to get as table 40 min before closing on a Saturday night. They had an estimated 40 min wait. The only answer the owner/manager would give regarding going on their wait list was "we may or may not serve by the time you get seated"....would it not have been better to apologize and say they weren't taking any more tables. That's the 'tude they seem to be taking toward customers. Also heard not a great rep in town with wait staff. Getting a bit of a rep for being ungrateful I guess. We went to the blue restaurant at the top of the next dock over. Omg it was a blessing in disguise that food was amazing. And cheaper!!!

North Attleboro, Massachusetts, United States
“8/4/2012”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We went into this place saturday night for dinner. Right away the friendliness of the the staff and the cleanliness of the place impressed us both. Our waitress , and I did not get her name, was a middle aged woman and she did tell us she was Italian, was pleasant , and very attentive to us while we were there. We asked if she could move us to a table with a nice water view and she did so with a smile.
Dinner was excellent, she had the broiled haddock dinner, I had the fried oyster dinner. Portions were very good and the food was excellent. not greasy! Oh yeah, the drink of the day.............Sea Breeze..........hit the spot as well. Price was reasonable for the area. Dinner, drinks with tax was $50. We will certainly put this place on our 'regular things to do list' next time we return to Rock Port. by Robert Torosian, North Attleboro, MA

• Visited August 2012
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“Great local favorite with refreshing options”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This place was welcomed after a few days of lobster which seems to be the main item on most menus in town. It had great pulled pork and the a nice view. The staff was great and food was served fast and cooked right on.

Visited August 2012
Fredericksburg
“Nice little find in Rockport.”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We went with family from the area and they had never eaten here before but we ventured forth as the initial ratings overall were not bad. The service was good. Two of us has the clam chowder and it was okay but I have had better. I got the salad with tuna salad atop and blue cheese dressing and it was good. My cousin got the veggie burger with sweet potato fries, which was very good. I cannot recall what the guys ate but they cleaned their plates. I was not sure if the I Ed tea was freshly brewed or not but it was okay. We had a very nice table looking out on the harbor. The restaurant was very clean and the restroom was small but clean and functional. I would come back in the future!