All reviews eagle house front window round table outdoor furniture bearskin neck directly across the street small beach main office stayed recently sit outside ice machine highly recommend this hotel shops and restaurants beds were comfortable within walking distance location location location easy parking
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

I wish someone had warned us that no children are allowed at all on the second floor of the building. I was scolded in front of a group of people for allowing my child (he is 18 months) for having my child with us while we attended my sisters wedding and he was the ring bearer. Please note this and make sure you let the owner know as he talked to me like a 5 year old about it after I left a toy on the balcony.
He made it clear he has safety concerns with the balcony and also noise. I appreciate when motels have a no kids policy but when you advertise roll away cribs... PLEASE MAKE THIS CLEAR because it really put a damper on the whole weekend experience for us! We would not return.

Hotel is otherwise clean and no frills. View is beautiful.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
gary d, Owner at Eagle House Beachside, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry that you felt scolded and I am especially sorry that the incident put a damper on your weekend. As a safety and noise precaution I have a very strict policy that only two people and no children are allowed in the three king rooms with the private balconys. I need to do a better job making this more clear at the time of reservation.

Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

We had a very nice stay here; the room was very comfortable and clean. A perfect stopover in the lovely village of Rockport. Our only issue was that in Room 1 the walls are quite thin and the floors rather creaky.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2017

Quintessential quaint New England inn .... absolutely loved the décor, cleanliness and fantastic smell of the room. View of the ocean was wonderful and the make-yourself-at-home family feel can't be topped! Would love to return!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2017

Excellent location across the street from the ocean, with a great ocean view and sandy beach access, and just a block or two away from the main shopping/dining district of Rockport. The rooms are not first-class, however - not bad, but ours just needs some work. There's some rust, some paint scrapes, so-so bathroom needs updating, etc. But it is clean and cozy, and parking is right outside the door (and free). There is no breakfast area that I have seen, but they do have coffee and wifi.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2017

Rockport was a last minute weekend getaway and most places had zero vacancies (or required a 2 night minimum).......Eagle House Beachside had one room left for the one night we needed. It is an older building and overall could use some updating BUT it was clean and comfortable and perfect for our needs. Booking online was easy, checking in was easy, and the staff we came in contact with were all friendly and helpful. We were given a recommendation for dinner and it was awesome! This motel is just off the downtown area and an easy walk to all the shops and restaurants. Bonus, there is a small beach (Front Beach) right across the street! The sand was soft and there were lots of cool little rocks and sea glass to pick up. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: October 2017
gary d, Owner at Eagle House Beachside, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Thank you for this great review.
Our staff takes pride in keeping our rooms clean and attending to our guest's needs the best they can.
We have done some updating in our rooms this past year, and look forward to updating more this Fall and Spring.
We would love to have you stay with us again in the future if you are in our area.