“WOW, Paradise on earth!!!”

Eagle House Beachside
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I was in the Peg Leg Rockport with my mom. I was 1 year in US as as aupair and my mom visited me in my last month. We are from germany. We bookes 1 or 2 night in advence and we stay all in all 5 nights. It was wonderful. We can highly recomend it and would always go there again. It is lovely there and we enjoyed every minute. Breakfast and room was perfect and service exelent.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Eagle House Beachside

Reviewed July 16, 2007

We stayed here only because our usual hotel was booked, and we were making the arrangements last minute.

The inkeeper was fairly pleasant (even though she was more concerned with whatever she was cooking - which smelled awful - than helping us check-in).

The rooms are nice enough. The beds were incredibly hard, and the pillows are like bricks (and weigh just about as much as one).

The location of this motel is great, but for the high price, I expected more.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed August 15, 2006

This motel has lovely potential, as it is situated across the road from the beach, and close to the town centre. However, its a little run down, and it would be good if the bathroom door closed! The room was very clean, but for the price you pay, you'd at least expect to get a coffee in the morning. But if looking for somewhere to go for breakfast, we can recommend 'The Greenery', great food and views.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 13, 2006

I agree with the last review, the room decor is very dated, but I could live with that, and the bed was comfortable. What I found disagreeable was the musty smell that permeates the room, the fact it has no clock or radio, and that you couldn't even get a cup of coffee in the morning. The location is very good though, and I guess that is what you are paying for.

• Stayed: June 2006
Reviewed August 7, 2005

Make sure you call FREQUENTLY to confirm your reservation (even if you aren't asked to and even if you leave a credit card number). My boyfriend and I arrived at 11:30pm on Sat. night (after being specifically told when I made the reservation that as long as I gave my credit card number in advance, I could check in at anytime). We were quite surprised when we learned that there were no rooms (even though I had just made the reservation only 5 days earlier after the motel had had a cancellation). The owner assured me this was the first time she had sent guests away, but I didn't buy her act since she was so sure she had no record of my name, credit card number or reservation in her book, but yet she never went to retrieve her book and actually LOOK in it. We were lucky enough to find a lovely couple across the street who worked for the Marriott chain, and they helped us find a room about 20 min. away. I have no idea where we would have slept had we not met them since the owner offered us NO assistance at finding an alternative location. We almost had to sleep in our SUV in the parking lot. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to someone since you could never be sure there would be a room for you when you got there. Do yourself a favor and get a room atl the Captain's Bounty across the street!

• Stayed: August 2005
2  Thank AshCarter
A TripAdvisor Member
Newtown, CT
Reviewed July 17, 2005

In spite of the previous review, we booked a night at the Peg Leg Motel and were not dissappointed. We stayed in #12 and the room was airy, clean and comfortable. We arrived at 9:30 in the morning and the owner was nice enough to let us into the room so that we had a place to change into our bathing suits and head for the beach. The central location is great, we never used the car. It's not the lap of luxury, but you're not paying luxury prices either.

• Stayed: July 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 2, 2004

This is not for the Peg Leg Inn, but rather the Peg Leg Motel. They are located next to each other and from what we understand, are not affiliated with one another. The Peg Leg Inn is definately the nicer of the two places. The Motel had a comfortable bed, but that is the only good quality of the place. For $150/night, I would expect a lot more than what we got. We wore our flip flops in the room b/c without any A/C, the entire room was damp. The decor is very dated and you only get two towels. The Motel is directly across from a small beach area, but the Inn is literally two buildings down. A lot of people confuse the two and expect the Inn and get the Motel. Both are walking distance from downtown and are in great locations.
Rockport has so much to offer, but the Motel is certainly not anything to write home about.

10  Thank kirev
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Rockport Inn and Suites
Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks
Beauport Hotel Gloucester
Beauport Hotel Gloucester
#3 of 7 in Gloucester

Been to Eagle House Beachside? Share your experiences!