“Great place for eats”

Ranked #8 of 53 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: New owners as of February 2016! Now serving breakfast all day and lunch. BYOB
Reviewed July 31, 2009

Was in Rockport for the afternoon with my wife and son after a whale watch in Gloucester that morning. Stopped at the Red Skiff for lunch and was a pleasant surprise. Between us we had the clam roll, fish & chips and my son (not much of a seafood guy) had the chicken sandwich. The seafood was outstanding, the people as nice as can be and we were very happy that we made the decision to have lunch there. If you're in Rockport...definately go there.

Reviewed June 14, 2009

I had lunch at the Red Skiff last weekend and totally enjoyed my experience. The place is tiny and bustling with activity. The place is basically a diner with counter at the back and seating at tables in front of the windows and to the left. The service was good with four friendly waitresses plus Steve in the back.

The decor is just what you want when in New England - lots of nautical stuff on the walls. The menu is terrific. The fried food is light and fresh and the lobster rolls can't be beat for $13.95 with fries. Chowder comes two ways: fish chowder with its traditional thin broth and clam chowder which is quite thick and full of clams and potatoes. Food comes out of the kitchen promptly and the quality is very good. Open for breakfast and lunch.

I bought the T-shirt...good design...great color. Thanks to the staff at Red Skiff for a memorable lunch.

1  Thank redeco
Reviewed April 27, 2009

The Eggs Benedict and potatoes were so good I ate every bite. The omelets are also delicious. I went with a large group on my last visit and everyone enjoyed it thoroughly. I am looking forward to trying the seafood. My friends love the fried clams. Great portions, fast service and a friendly atmosphere! Thank you to Steve and crew!

Reviewed October 26, 2008

We ate there several times - good breakfasts but very noisy and overpriced. Will not eat there again and here's the reason - I personally observed a middle aged employee wipe the floor, front of the counter where people put their feet and then wipe the counter and sugar dispenser with the same cloth. TOTALLY DISGUSTING! If this is their idea of sanitary, what is going on in the kitchen???

1  Thank mellow131
Reviewed June 6, 2008

I've gone back 5 times since they reopened a couple of months ago. They've given it a complete face lift. The place is gorgeous. Not only is it a lovely place to be, but the wait staff is excellent. The food was out of this world and it's value for money was superb!
I highly recommend this little God send of a restaurant. It's about time they had something like this in Rockport. Their dinners are great too!