“Tasty. Easy and Variety - All in a Small Package”

Red Skiff Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 52 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: New owners as of February 2016! Now serving breakfast all day and lunch. BYOB
Boston, Massachusetts
“Tasty. Easy and Variety - All in a Small Package”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Breakfast or lunch is always a treat at the Red Skiff. The lobster rolls, fish sandwiches, fried clams, grilled sandwiches and soups'n'chowders are all tasty, fresh, and affordable. It's small but over many visits, we've only had to wait a few minutes at most, and there's always the counter. Of course, parking can be a hassle during the summer, but that's that...

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank staticlinejump

“Tiny place with a huge personality!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I can not take credit for finding this place , let me just say that first. My boyfriend introduced me to it one morning.

I don't remember What I ordered the first time but it was obviously good enough to make me want to come back.

The second time I had a cup of their clam chowder and it was awesome! I also had a grilled chicken club for lunch but what I remember being the best was the chowder! Whenever approached with the opportunity to have clam chowder, THIS place is the chowder that I compare it to.

They are very tiny but cozy and make it work well. The food s very reasonably priced and is top quality. This is a tiny gem that if not paying attention, you may walk past!

1 Thank tastytidbits
Wynantskill, New York
“Delicious food and friendly waitstaff”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

On our first day in Rockport this year, Mom and I headed to The Red Skiff for lunch. We were not disappointed. We both had the Haddock sandwiches and the fare was ready fast and tasty as can be. Not a fancy place, but the food was great.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank jobaltravels
Malta, New York
“Tiny but tasty”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We grabbed lunch here, and the food was quite good -- the chowder was the best I've had, house-made with super-fresh clams. The lobster roll was delicious as well, with its toasted bun and good amount of dressing for the sweet lobster bits. I'd recommend this place, but don't bring a big crowd -- it's a pretty tiny place.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Ravenclaw79
“Great Little Seafood Place”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

This is a very cute, small diner-type restaurant. The food is good and it seemed that there were as many locals as there were tourists. The service is good and friendly and the menu is reasonable priced. I highly recommend this eatery.

2 Thank dewjckj