“over rated”

Rochester, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“over rated”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

It was nice, but looked like every other building in the area that had been there a while. No ooohhs and aaaahhhh from me.

Visited June 2013

Cumberland, Rhode Island
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I don't know what I was expecting, but there seemed to be a whole lot of hullabaloo over this place. I was not impressed at all. But it is an historical site, and free.

Visited May 2013
plattsburgh, ny
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Probably ok if you are an artist”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Ii wouldn't try to go near it in summer unless I had parked the car somewhere else. It is a nice scene but certainly I have seen marinas and boat houses just as nice. It is said to be "the" spot for painters because of the changing lights but for everyone else Ii wouldn't make a special trip

Visited April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Er, what?”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

If I hadn't read other reviews, I'd probably have missed this completely! I guess this is cute, about a 5 min walk from the intersection of Main St and Bearskin neck... but I wasn't sure what the attraction was... I guess it's quintessential New England coastal town? But I prefer the slight buzz of Bearskin Neck. You can do both. I took pictures just cos it was kinda cute, but otherwise, it's just an empty house that you see from across the water.

About 2 min away from the Motif is a Tourist Information Center- it contains an OK restroom, a water cooler and a map on the wall.

Visited April 2013
Newbury, Vermont
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Iconic to Rockport”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

It's the subject of so many paintings, hence the name. Blown down it's been rebuilt and remains a visual reminder of the lobster industry so long a part of the town.

Visited March 2013