Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge
Eagle House Beachside(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$128
Hotels.com
Emerson Inn(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$199
$156
Groupon.com
Rockport Inn and Suites(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$159
Eagle House Motel(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$118
$158
$89
Sea Lion Motel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$104
The Vista(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$125
$105
Atlantis Oceanfront Inn(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$125
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsstrudelbearskin neckon the rocksshops and restaurantsperfect locationsound of the wavesgreat spotlobsterplace to staypark your carking roombeautiful viewfalling asleeplove this placewalking distanceroom was spotlessvisit rockport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband took there for romantic get away. This hotel is located right on Bearskin Neck, across from my favorite strudel place. Close to all stores and restaurants. Looks like the hotel was recently renovated, beautiful view from the rooms. The owner was very nice. Overall great experience, would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elena T
Bearskinecklodge, Owner at Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for the great review. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Rockport. Thank you so much for the nice words about us as well. We are new owners and absolutely love running the lodge. It is nice to hear that you are enjoying our improvements (newly renovated rooms)-- we strive to make the lodge better each year. We hope to see you again when you return to Rockport.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed here this past while attending a wedding. The staff (owner) was amazing. There was a change in the rehearsal site and she had all the info waiting for us! She was extremely accommodating and so friendly! The room was very clean and the property is just gorgeous with stunning views! I highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2014
Bearskinecklodge, Owner at Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for the nice review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I hope you had fun at the wedding! We hope to see you again if you are ever in Massachusetts.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I booked a room for myself and two daughters here during Memorial Day weekend, and had a great and relaxing stay. My biggest concern with Rockport is always the parking situation. I was really impressed with how friendly the owner is. I called a few days ahead and she told me it was no problem to park anytime after 11 am on the day of checkin, and she also let us keep the car there a few extra hours on the day of checkout. The room opens up to a balcony with a beautiful view of the water below. I found the room to be extremely clean and comfortable. I was concerned about noise since I am usually a very light sleeper, but we slept like babies and I never heard a peep during the night. This is a great base from which you can go to the beach or explore the shops and sweets that Rockport has to offer. I also found the price extremely reasonable. I am sure we will stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the water, so you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Hello,

Thank you so much for the amazing review. It was a pleasure having you and your children stay with us. I am glad you got to enjoy everything that Rockport had to offer with good weather over the weekend. We hope to see you on your next trip!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We have come to Rockport for several years and always stay at a different property. This is the first time we have ever stayed here. The room is in a perfect location and the view is beautiful, BUT the room lacks some basic things such as a refrigerator, enough outlets, good locks on the doors and soundproofing. The people above us sounded as if they were doing laps from one end of the room to the other at 6:30 in the morning. The sound of footsteps at all times during the day was unbelievably loud so I recommend the second floor if you want to stay there. The door to the balcony has to be clicked into place or it will not be locked. You will need to make sure you check it to confirm it is locked. The balcony lacked privacy and people could sit outside in groups and voices carry and it does not feel private. Luckily the other guests were very pleasant. The room and bathrooms were spotless. I don't think We will be back to this hotel unless some changes are made.

Room Tip: I would recommend the second floor and take a cooler to keep any drinks cold.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bearskinecklodge, Owner at Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for staying with us. However, I am sorry to hear you were not fully satisfied with your stay. We remodeled all the rooms over the 2014 winter and added more outlets for our guest's convenience. A lack of outlets is not a complaint we have heard since we updated the rooms, but we do appreciate the feedback.We do not have refrigerators in the rooms, but all of our guests have access to the ice machine and we do keep coolers on hand if any guest would like to use one for the duration of their stay.

No one has complained about our doors not locking. We did check each room after your review and could not find any issue with the doors not locking. Our doors do need to be entirely shut before the lock can click into place.

We are a small hotel with only 8 rooms. Each room has chairs right outside of their door so they can sit and enjoy the deck and the ocean views. We also have a larger deck adjacent to the hotel that is shared with lounge chairs and tables. There is plenty of outdoor space, but no one has "private" decks.

Thank you for your feedback and we will certainly take it into consideration.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We needed a short getaway, so we decided on a midweek - weekend. The room had obviously just been redone. It was clean,tasteful and very comfortable. We had an upstairs room and a view of the water on both sides. The location could not be beat. The new owners are very nice and accommodating. Their recommendations were excellent. We look forward to returning in the fall.

Room Tip: The king bed is on the second floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FiberandFish

Hello,

Thank you so much for the lovely review. I am so glad you were able to enjoy all that Rockport has to offer. We certainly look forward to seeing you again this fall! We have a King room on both the first and second floor!