Peg Leg Inn
Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$145
Eagle House Beachside(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$128
Hotels.com
Emerson Inn(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$199
$156
Groupon.com
Rockport Inn and Suites(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$159
Travelocity
Eagle House Motel(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$118
Travelocity
$158
$89
Sea Lion Motel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$104
The Vista(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$125
$105
Atlantis Oceanfront Inn(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$125
Hotels.com
All reviewslarge deckgreat view of the oceanbearskin neckwalking distance to everythingfew minutes walkmichaellillianporchsunrisewavesbalconies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Location was fantastic. Had some charm but felt was overpriced for what we got. We paid extra to get a two bedroom unit because we were going with another couple and thought it would be nice. Their idea of a two bedroom was a queen bed in the living room and a bedroom with two doubles in it. No kitchenette just a tiny frig and table for 2. Deck and view of beach direct across street was great. Would I stay there again? No

Room Tip: You choose for size or view.
2  Thank TMCrossman
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Peg Leg Inn for two nights in July. The location of the Inn is perfect and right across from the beach. Parking can be an issue in Rockport but the Peg Leg provided us with great parking for our entire trip. Our room was very clean and the owner was very attentive. Breakfast was nice and included breads, danish, yogurt, fruit, etc. If you decide to take a walk all of the shops and resaurants are within walking distance. Rockport is a great little town worth checking out. We had a lot of fun and would definitely return.

Room Tip: You have to ask for a room with air conditioning if this is important to you because not all of the rooms have a/c.
2  Thank LyndaHen
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My wife and I stumbled across The Peg Leg Inn in Rockport on the internet searching for a last minute vacation in Cape Ann, perfect nearly beach front New England Inn (only a riad seperates it from the panarama, Location price and accomodation can not be beat.

Room Tip: water front with a/c in july
1  Thank lanier2
Reviewed June 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to spontaneously take a day off of work and go to the beach. When we arrived a the Inn we thought it was in a beautiful location, the room was clean and the owner seemed nice. Late that night someone was loudly and aggressively banging on the sliding glass door to our room so I called the Inn first thinking it may just be a drunk guest but when there was NO emergency contact number or anything I called the Police. When the Rockport police department came they asked a number of times "who checked you in" until I asked them if the owner was the one banging on our door to which they replied that this was not the first time this has happened and they would speak to him. I called the next morning and spoke to Ted who seemed nice enough and just explained what happened (I didn't even say I knew it was the owner as I didn't want anyone to get defensive or upset I just wanted a refund) Ted said the owner would call. He did not. He charged us and now has claimed the reason that he was banging on our door in the middle of the night was because he was asking us to leave as we were SMOKING something illegal. Why would i call the cops on myself if I was doing anything illegal and he admitted to it being him banging on the door. This is now in the hands of our credit company and I will take it to small claims court if I have to. STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: Always check TripAdvisor first !
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
17  Thank kmo387
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We only stayed for one night in May at the Peg Leg Inn, but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We arrived late in the afternoon it was raining and misty and we didn't have a booking. After driving around for a quick look to see where we could stay we chose The Peg Leg Inn for its location (right on the beach) and Its cute and quirky name.
When we checked in we were greeted warmly by the owner and shown to our room which was on the top floor. We had great views of the ocean although we couldn't see very far because of the rain and mist but we didn't mind because it just added to the atmosphere and was quite beautiful.
Our room was large and airy and clean and had a sitting area with a lounge and coffee table as well as small table and chairs, so plenty of room to spread out. It wasn't fancy, but it was comfortable.
The next morning we had the continental breakfast which was once again nothing fancy but good. Fresh fruit and different toasts and breads with fresh coffee and tea.
The beautiful and fascinating little shopping and arts village of Bear Skin Neck is within walking distance of the Peg Leg Inn too which is great.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple