“Solid seafood restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2013

In Rockport, naturally, seafood holds center stage. And this informal restaurant knows how to cook it. The clam chowder is really excellent, as is the fish sandwich, made with a freshly-fried slab of halibut. Lobster macaroni and cheese is the best version of this you're likely to find anywhere, and the lobster BLT is one of the greatest sandwiches you can eat anywhere--assuming you like lobster. Even the grilled sourdough bread they make the sandwich with is outstanding.

1  Thank Timon88

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our meals here. The lobster ravioli were fantastic, and my husband enjoyed his pulled pork platter...although he did say that it took a little too much effort (wasn't pulled apart enough for him). I wasn't crazy about the crab cakes, but I'm not really a fan in general. My husband liked them. I preferred the homey butter they served with the rolls....yummy!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Loved the location and the view. Lunch time had just started and we were 4th table to be seated. By the time we had placed our order, the tables were almost full. But the food was rather slow, the service was average until served...and then they disappeared. We had to walk up to the front of the house to get our check, interrupt the staff chat session...and then back to the front to run the credit card! Not sure how they work but its not true restaurant service.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Impromptu breakfast recently, and certainly one I'll not soon forget; long hairs in my hash browns and in my daughter's pancakes too. Waitress feigned concern, as we soon paid and egressed

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This place appears to be a casual in appearance... The menu in the window has seen better days. But it boasts a very tempting and unusual scallop dish. We had to try it! Given it was a Tuesday night, the restaurant was starting to fill up fairly early. We were just two people and were seated in the small dining room. At first? Everything was great! We ordered drinks, asked questions about some of the dishes. Our waitress was initially very good. She asked the kitchen to verify the ingredients of certain dishes, and reported the results promptly. We received our drinks and rolls and placed our orders quickly. Then? The only shining stars were the entrees. We had to request water 3 times - the first was never heard as while we were asking or waitress for water the first time, she had already dismissed us. The second time, was after our meal had arrived. We were very pleased with our meals - one the Blue Lobster Scallop Casserole, the other Lobster Ravioli with lobster meat and cream sauce. Then? we were out of any type of liquid drinks. Both impressed with our meals, but ignored by staff no matter how parched we both were, we tried to get anyone's attention. Our table, having had to wait tables ourselves, understood chaos. However, no one passing us, had bothered to look at us. Our beverages completely drained, our drinks sadly , were never asked how our meals were, if we would like anything else or if we would like another drink. Since both of us have waited tables before, we know the wait staff is never responsible for the taste and texture of the meal should not be shouldered by the person who delivers it.
This was not the case! The meals were excellent! Please don't let this review keep you from eating at the Blue Lobster!!! OUR MEAL WAS EXCELLENT!!
The third time asking for water? And then being told by our waitress she was busy serving others and we would need to wait. Shortly after that? Our hostess brought us water glasses. We still had to wait for our second round of beverages.
Perhaps someone called in sick or perhaps we were judged because 4 & 6-tops make more $$.
My point is, the food preparation was very good! Don't ignore the Blue Lobster Grille based on our waitstaff experience!!!
I hope your experience isn't as parching as ours!

1  Thank ittoone