“Nice clean room, comfortable.”

Rockport Inn and Suites
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Rockport
West Haven, Connecticut
“Nice clean room, comfortable.”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed here recently while attending a family wedding. Check in was smooth, and the room was clean and comfortable. Nice and close to town, we would stay here again. Would love to visit in the summer!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SeeKayTie
rockportinnsuites, General Manager at Rockport Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we would love to have you come stay with us again in the summer months...we look forward to seeing you again at the Rockport Inn and Suites and you will love Rockport in the Summer!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 30, 2012

hi we loved dottie the waffle lady!! she made the most huge yummy waffles!!!! the rooms were spacious and the pool was really nice. we loved the breakfast room!! it was just a quick walk to downtown rockport which is so adorable!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
rockportinnsuites, General Manager at Rockport Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your thoughts and Thank you for staying with us at the Rockport Inn and Suites... we are blessed to be in such a great area and enjoy sharing it with our guests... when visiting Rockport and Cape Ann stay with us again...
texas
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here for only one night (wish it could have been longer) in October, 2012. We were really visiting Salem which was a bit further away (hotel prices were outrageous there) than we figured but Rockport and Gloucester were both quite lovely. Don't miss the Fishermans Memorial! We never did get to shop in Rockport, however. We just weren't there long enough.

Our room was probably one of the cleanest hotel rooms I have EVER stayed in - from the beds to the bathroom. I was very impressed. I liked that the door to the outside parking area was one that had to be entered using a room key - just makes one feel a bit more safe. We had a view of the pool area - we were wishing it was summer and thinking that this must be an awesome place to be at that time. There were also tennis courts. The beds were very comfy and the water was hot for an extended time in the shower (no mold whatsoever and it was so nice and clean). The towels were fluffy too. I didn't notice a hair dryer but I had brought my own. There was a coffee maker as well as a small fridge too. The breakfast was your typical continental but plenty good for us.

I will say this - as a staunch conservative Texan, I'm pretty sure I would not fit in for an extended period of time in the Northeast....the headline that day in the USA Today was pro-Romney and the reaction by folks staying in the hotel was just amusing to me - they were practically spitting! But, the stay overall was excellent - I would recommend this hotel to anyone. If you are expecting an Inn, however, where the host meets you and has breakfast with you, it's not that sort of inn but everyone I encountered who worked there was extremely pleasant. Very friendly place.

2 Thank ginger2007
Thank you for your recent stay and your recent review. We are extremely pleased to hear of your stay and overall experience at the Rockport Inn and Suites... our Housekeeping staff takes a great amount of pride in delivering a quality room for our guests and I look forward to sharing your review with them so they can continue to enjoy delivering quality service... Thank you for visiting from such a distance and we are always open for a "little" debate!! We do hope to see you again soon!
Mentor, Ohio
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We arrived at the hotel at 3:30 pm and was told our room wasn't ready. I was not happy about that since it had been a long travel day. We were not able to check in until after 5:00 pm. The room was okay at best! VERY small bathroom. The hotel did not appear to very very busy during our stay and I noticed drapes open in the rooms near the hotel lobby so I peaked in and saw they had a full living room space with an upstairs. I asked about those rooms and the price to find out they were only $4.00 more then what we were already paying. They stated the rooms were booked but we were able to move to that room for the next two nights, making our tay much nicer.

The breakfast is good but you have to ask for a hot waffle if you want one. They don't seem to tell you that unless you're there when they bring one out for someone. Otherwise, the breakfast is okay and since it comes with the room price who can complain?

The girls at the front desk are nice.

Would we go back? Probably not. The area is beautiful and I'm glad we got to visit but I wished we would have only stayed 2 night here instead of three on our vacation.

1 Thank Donna W
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us..this is valuable to our team to continuously improve our levels of service...I apologize for not meeting your expectations and I am glad to hear that the staff was able to provide you with a suite to provide more space and comfort... should you decide to return to Rockport we would be delighted to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again!!
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I planned a one night stay at the Rockport Inn with my fiancé, and it was everything I hoped for.
What really sold me for the stay was the beautiful, pool and jacuzzi area, free wifi, and continental breakfast.

When we first got to the inn no one was in the pool area, lucky for us. It had a warm and rustic atmosphere with a wood paneled roof, heated, clean pool, and jacuzzi, and the fluffiest towels. Stony soft floor to walk on, not cement, like most pools.

Breakfast was great! Bagels, danishes, toast, made to order waffles, muffins, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, milk, coffee, orange juice, and an assortment of cereals.

Our room was immaculate. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. It had everything we needed.

The Inn also had a little store that sold small toiletries such as deodorants, microwaveable dinners, snacks, and drinks. If you can't find what you need there, there's a mini mall down the road with a Shaw's, and a few other stores. Gas too. :)

Overall, the Rockport Inn was delightful. I definitely recommend Rockport Inn and Suites!

1 Thank SMGabriel
It was great to read your review and here of your experience at the Rockport Inn and Suites, we are pleased to have such a great pool area and such a large pool for our guests to enjoy... Our staff takes great pride in the overall cleanliness of the rooms and the property and we are glad your stay experienced that... we look forward you you visiting again!!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The check-in experience predicted things to come. It took 15 minutes to check in; there was only one person in front of me. The WiFi didn't work - a real problem, as this was a two-night business trip. I returned to the front desk to request another room. It took another 10 minutes; again, only one person in front of me. I was given another room, but discovered that at this property, it's possible to get a room with WiFi, or a room with a desk, but not both.

There is a pool and very basic fitness room - two treadmills and a stationary bike. For no explicable reason, it doesn't open until 7:00 AM (really? why not open remain open 24/7 or at least open at 5 or 6 AM?). While I was in the fitness room, the manager came in to remove the empty water cooler container, but 30 minutes later still had not returned with a replacement. The TV in the fitness room did not work. No receipts are placed under door on checkout morning. (Fortunately, the trip to front desk to get receipt was brief.)

There is a basic breakfast included with the room price; complimentary newspapers available in the lobby. Rooms are reasonable size and clean; mine included a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. No premium movie channels are available. AC/Heater was loud and cycled on and off; the constant fan feature did not work. Only king rooms have a desk; rooms with two beds have a small table with two chairs...which are bizarrely low.

Rooms in the main building open to interior hallways; other buildings have rooms that open to the outside.

Room Tip: No views to speak of. Rooms in the main building (there are at least five buildings) will be closer...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank TXRoadWarrior
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us... I also apologize for not meeting your expectations... our staff takes great pride in delivering quality customer service for all of our guests both corporate and leisure travelers and the specific needs of both. Speed and efficiency of check in, quality of amenities and an overall experience are all part of what our staff takes pride in delivering and we hope if in the area again you would consider us again!!
Kingston, New York
Reviewed October 15, 2012

On websites with customer reviews I always read the one and two star reviews first. So when my friends and I booked 3 nights at the Rockport Inn I warned everyone about the soap that leaves a film, expected paper thin walls, noise from guests arriving in the middle of the night, etc. etc.. None of these situations arose. We had a wonderful time. There was no problem with our room. It was large enough for two and pleasantly furnished. The pool and hot tub were great. The first night we had the pool all to ourselves, although that might be because our stay was after Labor Day, so probably less guests in mid-September. The pool area itself is gorgeous, with high wooden beams that looks out on a patio with tables. The lobby is beautiful and comfortable, with a big fireplace and lots of seating arrangements - private little corners and sofas for groups. The continental breakfast was even better than the Inn's photo on their website. There was a nice selection of danish pastries, fruits, cereals, yogurt, toast, bagels, etc.. also, the second and third morning, the waffle lady made us delicious buttermilk waffles.
The young woman at the front desk was always friendly and willing to call local stores and restaurants for us, for info on opening times, etc.. The location was great - a few minutes drive to the center of Rockport, just far enough away for a peaceful setting. The room was always cleaned by the time we got back. So I would advise anyone to discount all the negative comments - and book at the Rockport Inn. I would definitely come back if I ever am lucky enough to return to Rockport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of the Rockport Inn and Suites. This review is a re-assurance of the level of customer service and quality our staff strives to provide daily... when a guest takes the time to research and then experience a property, and then shares of a great experience it is a great reward for our staff... thank you for this feedback and we look forward you you staying with us again!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Beauport Hotel
#1 of 25 in Rockport
Vista Motel
Vista Motel
#3 of 7 in Gloucester

Been to Rockport Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!