“What a True Gem!”
Review of Emerson Inn

Emerson Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Arrived for a mid week stay at the height of the busy season. Were given a fantastic oceanfront room with a stellar view (rm 315). Ocean views from both windows. The corner room was clean and tastefully decorated. The wallpaper was victorianesque and fit the period of the hotel. This is an old-style hotel, with furnishings and flavors to match. Modern-lovers beware...this Inn is a classic. Although there was no jaquzzi by the pool, the inn room jaquzzi tub made up for it. Don't miss the Atlantic Trail just outside the inn that goes right along the rocky shoreline and continues up to the popular Halubit Point State Park.
In the dining room, we were treated to tuxedoed staff who were nice and attentive. The restaurant was well-staffed. I asked our server to have the Chef prepare whatever he wished for me. Chef Flannigan prepared pan seared scallops with a citris demi-glaze. Fantastic! The risotto, which can often be poorly prepared, melted in my mouth. The only issue I had was I was unable to have a glass of a favorite wine- I didnt want the whole bottle. The dessert, molten lava cake was deserving of the name. For the quality of the food, and the quality of the service, the bill was reasonable and fair. For breakfast, which is included, be prepared to eat! Eggs, ham, french toast, potatoes,egg sandwiches, and a full slate of breakfast breads and pastry. This buffet is easily $20 in any metropolitan hotel. This Victorian Inn is a true gem and we are planning to go back.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jen111201
There are newer reviews for Emerson Inn

Reviewed August 27, 2009

We had our wedding reception at the Emerson Inn. People always say how stressful it is to plan a wedding, but we experienced none of this! From the start, the staff at the Emerson Inn was very helpful. The event coordinator, Melissa, was on top of everything. She is extremely organized, knowledgeable and very nice. You don’t need to worry about anything; she will have everything under control. You can’t ask for a better location as the grounds are gorgeous, the Inn itself is beautiful and the view is spectacular. The food is also excellent. Our experience was as close to perfection as you can get. It is a great place to hold a wedding or event.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed August 24, 2009

This is my third summer at Emerson Inn. I love this old hotel. It is charming. The staff is so attentive. Breakfast is wonderful ... each and every morning. And the new lighter menu for the evening is outstanding. Their crab cakes and coconut sorbet is to die for. And words cannot describe sitting in the rocking chairs on the porch looking at the ocean. What a treat! Highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2009

The minute we arrived the staff was very accomodating. Our room was much more then we expected..The view of the ocean was breathtaking!! Each day begins wtih the most amazing breakfast..A prelude of other meals to come!! The pool was a perfect way to wind down each day after a short walk to the beach or shopping in Bearskin!! So many stores to explore!!! The very best part of our vaction at The Emerson Inn by the Sea..was "being there!!!" We already planning our next visit!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2009

The setting of the Inn is idyllic. My goal was to find a quaint, lovely place where I could de-stress for a couple of days before heading to a conference in Boston. The Emerson Inn was perfect. My room, a "cozy" as they call it, was small but very adequate for a solo traveler. It was immaculate and the bed very comfortable. I was very pleased to get a nice ocean view even though I had been told that at the mid-week special rate I was receiving I would not have an ocean view. I got a glimpse of a queen room and it would be better for a couple.
The rocking chair-lined porches were lovely, the employees all very warm and helpful to answer questions about the area. The breakfast is fabulous, better than I've had at many four-star hotels. I found the evening menu to be a little pricey so I made a selection from the casual menu the first night and opted to eat in town the next. That was a mistake, the rather mundane food in a 'fish shack' in Rockport wound up costing almost as much as a meal at the Grand Cafe would have cost. Food is not cheap in Rockport, so at least be sure it's good!
Some reviewers have commented that the inn is not in walking distance from other venues, which is true. I found that to be an asset, but if you want to be in the middle of things and a 10-minute drive is too much for you, then the Emerson Inn is not for you.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank optimistdoc
Reviewed August 4, 2009

We selected the Emerson Inn due to location - wanting to be married with a water view (our photos were gorgeous due to the background scenery). Food was a lower priority than location, so what an incredible bonus to have the food be absolutely delicious, great variety of selections were available and the guests raved about the food - both appetizers and entrees were just mouth watering. Then to top it off - service was exceptional - the Inn's events coordinator, Melissa was on top of everything - every detail - making it a lot less stressful for us. Our guests loved the Inn and all of us that stayed at the Inn still talk about the breakfast buffet. 5 stars all around - accommodations, food and service.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rockport080808
Reviewed July 7, 2009

My wife and I got married at the Emerson two weeks ago. The staff was exceptional. The food was amazing! Our families stayed at the Inn (9 rooms) and there were no issues, everything was just perfect for us. I absolutely felt compelled to write a review to let everyone know what a nice place the Emerson Inn is to stay. I look forward to returning on our anniversary. It's got charm, ocean view, and a friendly staff. Great spot for a romantic weekend away.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Rockport Inn and Suites
Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge
Yankee Clipper Inn
Yankee Clipper Inn
#8 of 24 in Rockport

Been to Emerson Inn? Share your experiences!