“Inviting fire and new friends”
Review of The Tuck Inn B&B

The Tuck Inn B&B
Ranked #5 of 25 Rockport B&B and Inns
Redlands, CA
“Inviting fire and new friends”
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Only a few short blocks from the wharf, Bearskin Neck, and the center of town is this warm and welcoming B & B with its equally warm and welcoming hosts, Jan and Scott. The house was built sometime in the late 1700's and has a large, yet cozy public room to which all guests are invited. After a day of touring Cape Ann, including Halibut State Park and Gloucester, we retreated to the sitting room to sit by the fire where we were made welcome by returning guests who have made this their "come-to" place when they want to de-stress from the modern world. It was so much fun sitting around laughing and chatting in this homey atmosphere. Additionally, the annual festival in town provided music galore, local foods, artsy stuff for sale, and all of the nostalgic small town flavor one loves. Jan's touring tips and Scott's amazing pastries rounded out the inn's charm. If you're going north of Boston, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mary G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Billerica, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 22, 2010

From my wife: I first must apologize to Mr and Mrs Wood for the late review. My husband and I had a wonderful vacation in August staying at the Tuck Inn. The room was just perfect in every aspect and we slept so well. Each day we were greeted with a smile, good morning , fresh delicious baked goods made from scratch by Scott and fresh fruit prepared by Liz. They both have such a good heart and sincerely wanted to make sure we were having a good time. We went swimming each day, walked around town and ate at some really good places recommended by Scott and Liz.
I had the honor of helping Scott in his kitchen at 4 am peeling apples and discussing recipes. Even though I was late for work ( his day starts at 3 am, wait maybe even 2 am!) I love to bake and this made my day! We can't wait to make a return visit to the Tuck in. A real gem of a place that feels like home. Thank you very much Scott and Liz for making our vacation so special. :0) Kristine and Dale

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dalew75
Connecticut
Reviewed September 26, 2010

My wife and I have been going to the Tuck Inn at least annually (sometimes multiple times a year) over the past 10 years. It's no accident that we return to The Tuck Inn year after year. Scott and Liz always welcome their guests with open arms and treat their guests like family - whether they be "regulars" or first-time visitors. It's hard to write how good Scott's breakfasts are other than say they are simply delicious. The baked goods are made fresh daily and the variety is simply wonderful. As for Rockport, it's still a quaint little town on Cape Ann that has not been spoiled by national fast food chains and the hustle and bustle of larger towns. Still, there is plenty to see and do in Rockport, nearby Gloucester and many other locations within an easy day's drive. There is a reason so many people return to the Tuck Inn year after year.

2 Thank PeterAConnecticut
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2010

From the moment we arrived at the Inn we were afforded the utmost kindness and hospitality, we were a little late arriving as our flight into Boston didnt land until 6ish, but Liz made us a lovely pot of tea and gave us some of Scotts home made apricot bread. Our room, the peach room, was gorgeous and cosy, we slept like logs, the bed was so comfy. We awoke to the aroma of Scott's baking, he gets up about 3 to make the breakfast feast, and we were not disappointed with what was on offer. Scott and Liz are so helpful and more than happy to give advice on the area that they know so much about.
Rockport is gorgeous and the Inn is really close to all the shops and restaurants.

We would highly recommend the Tuck Inn and Rockport, we didnt want to leave!

2 Thank heathergrahamsmith
Laval, Canada
Reviewed September 13, 2010

The owner’s warmth is what made our stay memorable. Not to mention our room which was very comfortable, clean and extremely quiet. A bonus: the pool which was very appreciated after our long motorcycle drive at 90+F degrees. And unforgettable, the maple and walnut scones hot from the oven: Only one of the few items in a tasty breakfast. Liz and Scott even put a few extras in a small brown bag for our coffee break later that day. Talk about making someone feel at home. Definitely a place to visit again and recommend to all.

1 Thank jlmiss
Cardiff
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I'm so glad that I returned to Rockport this year and I wasn't dissapointed. This bed and breakfast was the highlight of my trip. I was welcomed with open arms by the lovely staff and didn't want to leave to fly home. Margy the innkeeper was wonderful and really went out of her way to make my stay a time to remember. The bed and breakfast itself was beautiful and the swimming pool was a lovely treat. Breakfast in the morning was to die for, cake, home made breads and stewed rhubarb, my favourite. I will certainly be back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank helsangel
Wilmington, Kent, UK
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I have lost count how many times my husband and I have visited Rockport and The Tuck Inn. Friends ask why we go back year after year, but when you know Liz and Scott that question wouldn't be asked again. Scott does the baking for breakfast, watch out, the lbs do go on, but well worth it. We are going back again this year, as my husband has just had a brief spell in hospital, it will be as we say in England, just what the doctor ordered.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple