“Wonderful stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Seacrest Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockport
Seacrest Manor
Ranked #10 of 25 Rockport B&B and Inns
Clearwater, Florida
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed July 3, 2010

I had expected a pleasant stay at this inn, but it exceeded my expectations. Pat, the innkeeper, was lovely, always present and available to help without her presence being noticed, providing small treats (fresh nectarines) and drinks. The inn was kept beatifully kept and maintained in a beautiful setting. The breakfast was delicious in a charming, sunny room.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Boston, MA
Reviewed June 19, 2010

I needed a quick getaway from the city, preferably by train as I like to explore a city (Gloucter) by foot. And I try to avoid driving if I can when I go on vacation.

I showed up after the usual check-in time and my card/key were right there when I walked in the door. The next morning I saw a view that was spectacular, right out onto the water. The food was good, and when I asked in passing if they served waffles (which they didn't), Pat dusted off an old waffle iron from the basement and served them the next day.

I especially liked their Old World tradition of shining your shoes if you leave them outside your door at night.

At the end of my stay Pat was good enough to drive me back to the train station. Loved the whole stay, especially their High Tea afternoons at 4pm; it was so enjoyable I donated some Baklava from the town tea-time on the day before I left.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
Newington, Connecticut
Reviewed June 14, 2010

Pat was a very gracious hostess and she made our stay very enjoyable. She directed us to a wonderful restaurant on Friday night and call ahead to reserve a table for us. The next day we enjoyed a delicious home cooked breakfast with coffee, frest fruit cup and juice. Pat suggested some places to visit which was very helpful. We felt like we her special guests for the weekend. We meet another couple at breakfast on Sunday and chatted for a couple of hours and were never rushed out, in fact we were told to stay and visit with each other as long as we wanted. If you want a B&B with warmth, a beautiful home and guest room, and a friendly hostess I would suggest Seacrest Manor. I will definately like to visit here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 4, 2010

I wish I could have stayed all summer!

Pat, the innkeeper is kind and welcoming, and makes great breakfasts too! There was enough to eat each morning to sustain me until dinner -- each day, you get a choice of, say, French toast or eggs of your choice, or quiche or an omelette. This comes with fresh fruit, coffee, tea, juice, and toast!

The rooms are beautifully decorated, the gardens are lovely, and the view of the ocean and lighthouse is great. (I'd say the house is about 200 yards from the shore, but the view is unobstructed. Just trees and sea!)

If my photos look similar to those on the website, it's because I shared several of my pictures with Pat. I had no prior connection to Seacrest Manor -- I'd never even been to Cape Ann -- but once there, I wanted to help Pat spread the word. This place is a gem.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Boston
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Seacrest's owner, Pat is wonderful ! She made us feel so welcome and relaxed the minute we arrived. Pat made suggestions of how to enjoy Rockport & booked dinner reservations for us at one of her friends restaurants. The inn is beautiful and comfortable. A memorable weekend !

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Worcester
Reviewed August 24, 2009

My boyfriend and I spent one night at the Seacrest Manor this past weekend. It was wonderful! Eleanor, the woman who took care of us, was so friendly and helpful. I booked room #4 which is one of the smaller rooms. It was small, but enough space for two people, two big windows overlooking the grounds. There was a shared bathroom with one other room. The Inn is on a quiet road about a mile from town. There is a beautfful beach down the street, about a twenty minute walk. My boyfriend and I took full advantage of the huge deck on the second floor overlooking the ocean, and also of the library at night where we brought some wine, and played a game of Trivial Pursuit (provided by the Inn). In the morning we were served a wonderful breakfast by Eleanor.
There are many other B&B's to choose from in Rockport. We walked by a couple that are literally right on the water with beautiful views. However, this was a budget trip for us, and we feel for less than $100 for the room, we definitely got our money's worth.
Without question I would return to the Seacrest. Welcoming atmosphere, lots of space outside of the room to hang out, close enough to a nice beach and to town.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
NJ
Reviewed August 17, 2009

My husband and I were looking for a B&B for our anniversary weekend getaway. We wanted a place where we could relax in a nice room, with a nice view. I came upon the Seacrest Manor as one of many b&b's in Rockport, MA. I read the reviews on this site, and when Pat, the owner, responded that they had a room available, I booked it. I am so so glad that we did. We arrived rather late, since we hit terrible traffic on the way there. Pat was waiting for us, and seemed very glad to see us. She gave us such a warm welcome, that it seemed that we were visiting an old friend. Our room was lovely, much nicer that I thought it was going to be. The website does not do the rooms justice.
Pat inquired whether or not we had a chance to eat dinner. When we informed her that we had not, she quickly called a local restaurant (Bracketts) to hold a table for us, and gave us directions. We got there without any problems, and the very full restaurant was holding our table.
The next morning we went down to a terrific breakfast. Pat gives you a choice between whatever special breakfast there is that day (stuffed French toast), or eggs with either bacon or sausage and toast. My husband ordered scambled eggs, and they were made perfectly. He wondered why I am unable to make eggs like that :) Our room had a door out to the deck, and as you can see in the pictures, had a beautiful view.
I can't say enough about how lovely this inn was. Pat is truly the perfect hostess. Everything was spotless, and even though it doesn't state it anywhere, the inn has WiFi.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple