“Something Magical About Seacrest Manor”
Review of Seacrest Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockport
Seacrest Manor
Ranked #14 of 24 Rockport B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I attended a wedding in Essex over Labor Day weekend and stayed an extra night to go sightseeing. We decided to stay at Seacrest Manor and we were't disappointed. Upon checking in we were greeted by the innkeeper, Pat, who already knew our names - just that little detail and I knew that our stay at Seacrest Manor was going to be a pleasant experience.

Pat showed us around the manor, and answered any and all of our questions about the manor, the town, food recommendations, sights to see, etc. We had no shortage of questions - we only had a day free to ourselves, and we wanted to make the most of it - and Pat had all of the answers and then some. It's clear that Pat truly enjoys making other people happy, and I can't imagine a guest leaving here less than thrilled about their stay at Seacrest Manor.

Pat offered to make reservations for us in town for dinner, but my wife and I decided to be more low-key and stay at the manor. So we got food to go, and then headed out onto our sun-deck to eat, and drink wine. Wine which Pat was so kind to provide for us because all of the liquor stores were closed for the night. We sat on the deck, watching the lighthouse lights come and go in the cool night air. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect night, or a better setting.

The next morning while at breakfast we met a couple that had been coming back to Seacrest for the past 10 years, and we could easily see why. The gorgeous English-style manor built in 1911 would be reason enough, but Pat went above and beyond to make us happy with everything. Maybe we'll be seeing Pat for the next 10 years ourselves - there is something magical about Pat and the Seacrest Manor.

Room Tip: Two rooms have private sundecks, but all rooms are gorgeous. Most have ocean views, including views...

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I recently spent 2 nights at the Seacrest Manor. We selected it based on Trip Advisor's #2 rating, since the #1 rated B&B didn't have ocean views. It was just ok - nothing special. We stayed in Room 8 for the balcony, which we enjoyed. However, the bed was very uncomfortable / hard. The room is advertised as a king bed but it is actually 2 twin beds with king sheets and a mattress pad.

The inn needs an update. The highest priced rooms should be more luxurious. A true king-sized bed, high quality linens and comforter would add a touch of class. The bathroom had a "builders' special" vanity / mirror, mismatched toilet, vinyl floor. It could/should be more elegant with fixtures that complemented the vintage of the Inn. The 12" tv should either be removed or replaced with a larger one.

Also, more attention needs to be paid to the details -- i.e. many dead bugs in the bathroom light, paint rusted baseboard, etc. The nicest feature, the deck, was dirty, full of pine needles and cobwebs. It should be cleaned and maintained.

A hot breakfast was served but there were no options, other than what they made. And the breakfast room was an interior room with a 60's vinyl floor. Very uninviting.

Next time we go to Rockport and our favorite room at the Captain's House is not available, we will definitely look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Room 8 for the view - or better yet, go elsewhere.
2  Thank MumaRules
Reviewed August 24, 2013

When we travel we try to stay at inns and B&Bs. Seacrest Manor in Rockport is absolutely the best. It is quite beautiful -- the rooms, the grounds, the views, It's on one of the most convenient and the prettiest of streets for a morning stroll. Although not all rooms have a complete ocean view, there is a deck with views and the spacious grounds are wonderful. The rooms are very charming, comfortable, large and immaculate. Breakfasts are excellent and home-cooked (w/great coffee or a pot of tea).

People have been coming back year after year for a good reason (about three quarters of her guests do!). Pat is the perfect hostess dedicated to her guests' comforts and needs. Tell any local shopkeeper that you are staying with Pat and their faces light up -- Pat is that warm and wonderful a person. While there are many repeaters, you never feel like an outsider; you can keep to yourself or socialize with guests from all over -- even other countries. If you want quiet, there is lots of space and comfortable places outdoors and indoors.

My husband and I stayed for three nights and just fell in love with Pat and the inn. We can't say enough nice things and intend to become regulars. Now home for one day, we already miss Pat and her Seacrest Manor.

Room Tip: If you cannot manage walking up stairs, there are two lovely rooms downstairs . All rooms are quiet...
1  Thank CT_Triptaker
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I've just spent two nights and will keep returning to Seacrest Manor because I'm addicted to it and to Pat. I'm also addicted to the quietness and the peace it gives me- just sit in the fantastic and huge garden and read a book... I know Pat for several years and every time I come, I'm impressed by how much care she takes on each visitor, how the place is meticulously clean, the rooms furnished with so much love- no other word to describe it. Breakfast is excellent and the girls who serve it are extremely nice and helpful. And I'm not alone in my impression as I keep meeting other guests are come back almost every year. I wish I could come more often!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I stopped into Seacrest manor yesterday. Our room was wonderful with an amazing view of the dual light houses in the distance. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very nice sized. The house sits on a large lot and there are many places to sit and enjoy the property, including a pair of hammocks which are a nice touch. The only complaint we would have is that there was no place in the house to go and get a snack, soda, water, ice etc.... Normally when staying in an upscale B&B there is a small pantry to get a snack or drink, or they are provided in the room. However, we really enjoyed our stay and Pat is such a nice lady. You can tell she takes pride in her home. We would definitely suggest you try Seacrest when traveling to Rockport.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2013

If you are considering a B&B in the Cape Ann MA area I want to assure you that you can NOT go wrong with staying at the Seacrest Manor! My husband and I stayed at Seacrest mid July and were completely satisfied in every possible way.......breakfast was outstanding, every aspect of the B&B was spotless, Pat and her staff were incredibly welcoming and location is convenient to many popular sights and activities! This B&B is truly a gem as is Pat who is the innkeeper, very meticulous and attentive to our needs! Our stay genuinely made us feel like we were "home away from home"! We could NOT have had a better experience, high complements to Pat and her staff and as a result we plan on returning again!
Joyce

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2013

A number of years ago I was going to Cape Ann for a somber family event. I was not planning to have a stay that would bring me back year after year to the Seacrest Manor. The excellent location, beautifully maintained grounds, and total cleanliness of ALL of the rooms is only surpassed by the amazing Innkeeper. Open and friendly if you like, or efficient and totally business if you prefer, Pat is the epitome of what a great hostess should be. And not only that, she is an amazing cook. The breakfast choices are always with the freshest of foods and made especially for you. The grounds are well manicured and provide for quiet relaxation with a beautiful sea breeze. The diverse rooms (some with your own deck looking out to the ocean) are spotless. What started out as a quiet weekend has turned into our getaway location with all the amenities you could ask for, including location, location, location......and Pat.

2  Thank carletonjohn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Rockport Inn and Suites
The Seafarer Inn
The Seafarer Inn
#2 of 24 in Rockport
Changing Tides Bed and Breakfast

Been to Seacrest Manor? Share your experiences!