“Made our 20th Anniversay PERFECT! THANK YOU PAT!!!”
Review of Seacrest Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockport
Seacrest Manor
Ranked #10 of 25 Rockport B&B and Inns
Boston
“Made our 20th Anniversay PERFECT! THANK YOU PAT!!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2011

From the moment we arrived until our departure the next day, Pat went went out of her way to make our weekend special and perfect. She even baked us a cake! We were able to sit out on the deck with our friends (who were able to book the last available room for this past saturday) until sunset drinking wine and eating cheese and crackers before heading off to dinner. The next morning we had coffee served to us in the living room and then we were served a wonderful homemade breakfast in the beautiful dining room. The breakfast service was impeccable. Crisp white linen, china, crystal swan salt and pepper shakers, marmalade, just perfection. We can't wait to go back again. The bedrooms and bathrooms were immaculate and well decorated. Our room #5 was quite large and had a fireplace and king bed. It was so quiet. Our friends were in room #2 which was beautiful and had a door to go outside to access the stairs to the shared deck overlooking the ocean. This was more than overnight accomidations. This was truly a special place you can relax and be taken care of. Perfect location to walk in the am. Beautiful homes and ocean views all down Marmion Way.

Room Tip: The shared deck is perfect!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank limomama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 23, 2011

From checkin to checkout you feel that the owner Pat and her staff truly cared about our enjoyment and comfort while we were in her beautiful inn and in the Rockport area. So much to do, so little time. We will return soon

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Last year my husband and I went to Rockport, MA for the fifth year in a row. We try to spend a few days every summer in the beautiful beach town. We have always enjoyed trying new spots for our trip and have stumbled upon many nice hotels but we have decided that for the first time ever we are going to book at the same place two years in a row- Seacrest Manor. We have never enjoyed a location so much. The owner is so accommodating, helpful, and friendly. She made our stay such a treat. We were a little disappointed at first because we didn't book in time to get one of the rooms with a private deck but quickly realized that this didn't matter because there is another deck with a beautiful ocean view that is open to all of the rooms. Every room has a beautiful view and it is a serenely quiet location that is still walking distance to down town. We're so looking forward to making Seacrest Manor part of our yearly tradition and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MeganLF82
Leominster, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 2, 2011

Of all the places my husband and I have stayed, the Seacrest Manor rates the best in hospitality! We have travelled in Europe as well as in the U.S. and have never felt so welcome as we do when we are at the Seacrest.

The rooms are beautifully decorated with the charm of yesteryear and are all warm and inviting. Beautiful views of the twin lighthouses on Thatcher Island from the eastside deck - breathtaking! The grounds are meticulously maintained with flowers and trees and Seacrest's signature hydrangers. Absolutely lovely.

When morning comes, the aroma of a gourmet breakfast and delicious coffee wakes you. Breakfast is served in the charming dining room, complete with white linens and fresh floweres, by lovely young ladies, who are always warm and friendly. The culinary wonders from the kitchen (made by the Innkeeper herself) are worthy of any grand hotel/restaurant.

We highly recommend a stay at this charming New England inn to those who are looking for comfort, pampering, and hospitality second to none.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Mimi827
florida
Reviewed October 21, 2010

This was an overall nice stay. The owners couldn't be any nicer or more accommodating. This place is like grandma's house, or maybe great grandma's house. It's like 1955 there and I don't think anything in there has been updated since then. The view is great. The neighborhood is lovely. Simple is the best way to describe the place. It's not luxurious and the bed was not what anyone would call comfortable unless you like really hard mattresses. Breakfast was very nice and homecooked. I don't know the prices in the area to compare value to say definitively. But if you want simple and mostly clean with accommodating hosts and a beautiful view, you will like it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 17, 2010

I recently returned from a near-perfect Columbus Day holiday weekend in beautiful Cape Ann, about fifty minutes northeast of Boston in the charming artists "colony" of Rockport, Massachusetts.

I had heard about the inn from relatives who live close by and wanted something that was intimate and reasonably priced; but with clean and comfortable rooms; a view of the sea; and a hearty "New England" breakfast to start off each day of exploring.

From the moment I arrived from busy, stressed-out Washington, D.C., I knew I'd picked the ideal base for the perfect get-away weekend: I was greeted at the front door by owner-operator Pat Savile, a warm and welcoming woman with sparkling eyes and the kind of rosey complexion one is used to seeing "up North."

Pat showed me to my room--Number 7--which was a spacious king-bedded room with comfortable, "homey" furnishings and best of all, I huge private sun deck, surrounded by towering pine trees but with ample clearing to provide a beautiful view of the Cape Ann lighthouse. ( I discovered that Room Number 7 and it's sister room across the hall, Number 8, were the two largest rooms in the inn. But at a price, including tax, of barely over $200 a night, given the setting and surroundings, it proved to be one of the BEST hotel bargains I can rememeber--and this was well before I had sampled Pat's home-cooked breakfasts ( usually a choice of fresh made breads; griddle cakes; egg and spinich quiche; or cheese and herb scrambled eggs. Of course, juice, fresh fruit cup and coffee or tea are all included in the price of the room. )

The Seacrest Manor is located off the beaten path, on what might be the most "exclusive" residential street in Rockport, where large mansions with sweeping lawns down to the sea or impressive front sun porches grace just about every home. My first night there, it took some adjusting to the cool ocean breezes and the ABSOLUTE silence ( the only time I'd seen such a star-filled sky was out in the Joshua Tree Desert in Palm Springs or on St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands! ). But one of the BEST "treats" at the Seacrest Manor greeting me in the gardens the next morning--a family of pre-historic looking WILD TURKEYS, which are not only much larger than imagined in person but also very aggressive if you wander too close to the broods young chicks. ( I just didn't have the heart to tell them that Thanksgiving Day was right around the corner. )

Just a brisk twenty-five minute walk down Marmion Way leads you directly into the small town; an amalgam of lobster "shacks;" fine dining restaurants; tourist souvenir shops; first-rate art galleries and a beautiful new concert hall feature a backdrop to the entertainment of a ceiling to floor picture window of Cape Ann and Perkins Cove.

Surrounding Rockport are the easily accessible and almost-as-charming towns of Glouchester ( east and west ) and Newberryport, steeped in New England history and offering delicious road side clam shacks; juicy lobster rolls for half the price back home; and some of the best clam chowder in America.

While my visit was just a tad early for the full riot of fall foliage to come, the sparkling sunshine, terrific side trips ( including a Saturday evening at Symphony Hall--which outstrips its better known Carnegie in New York--where I saw Maestro James Levine conduct the stellar Boston Symphony Orchestra and Tanglewood Festival Chorus in the finest performance of Gustav Mahler's Symphony No. 2, frequently called "The Resurrection." I've ever been priviliged to hear.

If you want the perfect New England get-away respite that won't break the bank and that had me from my front door in Georgetown to my Dad's front porch in less than three hours, The Seacrest Manor may be just the ticket for you as well! Five stars in my book!!

David M. Petrou, APR
Washington, D.C. 20007

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank dcdavey
Scottsdale
Reviewed October 1, 2010

This B&B is a real gem. With some rooms having a private door to a deck which has a wonderful view of the ocean. Although not on the water, you can hear the waves breaking at night for a very nice atmosphere to relax by. The rooms are very clean and furnished in a very nice, friendly, homestyle manner. Just what a B&B should be. Pat serves a wonderful breakfast, and unlike most other B&B's does not have set sitting times, but gives you a range of time in which you may go to the dining room for breakfast. Simple, ample and very fresh meals are served in a nicely set dining room. Pat is also a walking directory for places to visit and eat. Pat gave us recommendations and made reservations for us a various resturants and she was not wrong once. Her recommendations were wonderful. Pat's effort to make us feel at home and always asking if she could do more made us feel very welcome and comfortable. We will certainly stay in the Seacrest every time we are in the Cape Ann area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple