“Beautiful Inn, Gracious Hosts”
Review of Eden Pines Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockport
Eden Pines Inn
Ranked #14 of 25 Rockport B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Beautiful Inn, Gracious Hosts”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed at Eden Pines during the 2nd week in Nov, 2013. I was there for the wedding of my best friend. Not the most ideal time of year, but it was for an important event.
This is not my 1st visit to Rockport. My friend owns a vacation home down the street from Eden Pines and I always stay there, but this was so convenient to be able to walk to the house. I have walked past Eden Pines many times and was happy to be able to experience it.
Nicky and Michael were very welcoming, and even though they usually close during this time of the year, they were gracious enough to open for 2 of us to stay there.
The rooms are outstanding, all with oceanfront views and views of Thacher Island and it's two lighthouses. I even ventured out to the balcony a view times in spite of the cold.
I didn't eat breakfast, but it looked lovely...cereals, breads, fruit, yogurt, etc., everything you expect from a B&B. The coffee was fantastic and each room also has a Keurig coffee maker. Nicky baked cookies daily and the aroma was wonderful!
They were even kind enough to allow us to host a small reception in the beautiful breakfast room! We brought in our own food and beverages of course, but it was such a lovely setting for us to celebrate!
Rockport is a wonderful, as is nearby Gloucester. So many fantastic restaurants and shops! I usually visit in the summer months and it's very lively and fun. I would definitely recommend staying at Eden Pines!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shi0418

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our three nights at Eden Pines Inn were delightful. The Inn has around seven lovely rooms, all of a good size, and all looking out over the ocean. The Inn is on the rocky coast and so the waves are a delight to watch. The rooms are on the second and third floor, so you look down into the breaking rollers.

Breakfast is varieties of cold cereal with additional grains to garnish, various breads and lots of jams, In the living room is a fire place that guests can fire up if they wish. This is the place where you can really unwind.

Room Tip: No swimming pool, no fitness center; check out Eden Pines Inn online
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jlwagman
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed two nights at this homey B&B perched on a rock formation overlooking the sea. Our room was spacious with a good layout and sliding doors onto a small deck from which we could watch the boating activity in the bay. The lapping waves below made sleeping and dreaming very relaxing.
The all-white sunny breakfast room overlooked a lovely garden on one side and views of the sea on the other.
The living room with its wonderful book selection, huge open fire place and large sofas was a little shabby but quite comfortable.
Our welcoming hosts recommended great places to eat each night. If we lived in the USA we would stay here often.
PS: A cooked breakfast would make it a perfect stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I first stayed at Eden Pines over 10 years ago with a friend and fell in love with it!! We returned together several times together and then I finally talked my husband into going. Now my husband and i are in the process of planning our 3rd trip together to Eden Pines. The Hospitality of Mike and Nicky and staff cannot be beat and the views both from the Bed and Breakfast area and from each room are unbeatable - only steps from the ocean with direct views of the Thatcher Island and the Twin Light Houses! We LOVE it and would never plan a visit to New England without without making Eden Pines Inn our home away from home!!! FANTASTIC PLACE TO STAY!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie A
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We flew to Boston from Florida to do some leaf watching in late October 2011. We ended up driving North and found ourselves in the Rockport area around sunset. We came across this cute B&B directly on the ocean. The owners were very nice and we seemed to be one-of-two couples who were staying that night. We stayed in a comfortable room on the 3rd floor, which was great. It had a walk-out balcony area and a huge bay window overlooking an impressive view of little island off the coast, with 2 lighthouses on it. As the sun went down, my wife and I sat in the comfort of our room looking out the bay window at the ocean below! Breakfast in the consisted of cereal, muffins, and fruit, but it was descent. I think we paid $150 for the room that night and I felt it was well worth it!

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms look out over the ocean!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Atila-the-Hunn
Coraopolis
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We have been going to Eden Pines once a year for 14 yrs. We are now going twice a year. It is beyond description.....peaceful....yes, relaxing...yes ....comfortable.....yes... ..peaceful...yes......clean ..yes.....friendly..yes and the view ....you have to see for yourself...They provide a light but very adequate breakfast and afternoon snacks. The resturants in the area will blow you mind with sea food. lf you've never been there I suppose you will have to wait to go to heaven......IF THAT OF COURSE IS WHERE YOU'RE GOING.?....

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 30, 2011

This B&B charges over $200 a night. The only justification for that price is that it's on the water. Our friends had a room in which the Air Conditioning didn't work -- and this was during a heat spell. Their room was insufferably hot. When my friend told the owner, the owner commented that oh, sometimes the AC units stop working. No discount was offered or any other help! Our room was serviceable but at 5am the smoke alarm went off a few times (low battery), and the sliding screen door was broken (and obviously had been for a long time, since there was rust where the missing parts should have been). What is the point of being next to the ocean if you can't leave the door open because the screen that keeps out insects is broken?
The continental breakfast was the usual, low-rent cereal, bagels, and store bought pastries -- what you'd expect at a cheap hotel, not somewhere that you paid over $200 a night. The coffee pot ran out and owner couldnt' be found for over 15 minutes at 8am, and since breakfast is only served 8-10, someone shouldbe on hand for such things.
Eden Pines is serviceable at best, but the price should be half what it is.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank spitfire27
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Rockport Inn and Suites
#1 of 7 in Gloucester
The Seafarer Inn
The Seafarer Inn
#1 of 25 in Rockport

Been to Eden Pines Inn? Share your experiences!