“Rockland, Mass - vacation stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Rockland
Baird, Texas
“Rockland, Mass - vacation stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I visited the Boston area in early July and stayed at this hotel because it was close to family and boston without being too close to the city. I would like to highly compliment the entire hotel staff, the general manager, front office staff, maintenance and custodial. Everything was fantastic. I would like to especially compliment the evening front office girl, sarah, who was incredibly helpful, friendly and very professional. She was very kind and generous and we cannot praise her enough.

As for the hotel every part of our stay was terrific, the breakfast was plentiful and tasty, the room was very clean, well taken care of on a daily basis, spacious and comfortable, the bed was very comfortable. Every part of the room and the hotel was great. The only problem we had was one day with wifi usage. The front office staff was helpful in getting the problem taken care of in a timely manner and were genuinely concerned with the issue. The problem was taken care in a decent amount of time.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling in the suburban boston area, it is clean, neat, well taken care of and managed by very friendly and professional people, thank you

sincerely yours

jeff & debbra campbell

Room Tip: Be prepared that the hotel does not have the a/c running in the hallways so the hallways are pretty...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMMA047, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2013

I have rewarded Sarah with a gift card to a local restaurant for being recognized in your review! I am always thrilled when my staff is positively recognized in our reviews!

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be an even more pleasant one.

Comfort Inn, Rockland MA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hanover, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

The room was a little overpriced I thought, considering we went on a Sunday. The Jacuzzi was kinda small. We were left alone, and the room was very big. There was an average sized outdoor swimming pool. Overall it was a good hotel room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMMA047, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Although this is a very nice review, it is not accurate as we do not have a swimming pool at our hotel. We do have very nice Jacuzzi Suites and a complimentary Hot Breakfast!

We hope you will stay with us in the future!

Portland, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Staff did not want to honor the price I was quoted when I made my online reservation at the Comfort Inn site. My reservation reflected $260-something for two nights, all in, as part of a wedding party rate. When I checked in, the woman told me the bill would $305 instead, and quoted some kind of tax gobbledeygook. She told me I would have to talk to the manager to resolve the discrepancy. When I got my bill, it was correct. But then when I checked out, the woman at the desk gave me a hard time about "how I had treated" the woman when I checked in. That would be laughable if it weren't so insulting. I was perfectly friendly with her, but I DID dispute the bill. That is not "bad treatment." A room reservation is a contract. I held up my end by paying the amount quoted. Comfort Inn tried to get out of their end by trying to charge me $50 more than I was promised when I made my reservation. That is called fraud in some places. I could have gone to any number of nearby competitors. My mistake for not doing that. Next time I will not make that mistake. I will never stay at a Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
GMMA047, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Tony,
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding staff service on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with front desk staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.
As per our email conversations, tax rates can change without our control. The tax rate did increase by 2% after you made your reservation. That is the only discrepancy regarding your reservation. The wording on the confirmation letter that was emailed to you is

"Rates quoted are per day and may fluctuate dependent upon local tax laws."

There was no fraud regarding your reservation. The 2% tax increase resulted in $4.75 additional be to charged to you by the state of Massachusetts, not the hotel. The hotel did not benefit in any way regarding this increase.
As you are aware, there are two sides to every story and as a professional, I will not get into our side regarding your treatment of our staff at this hotel.

781-982-1000

Travelers are raving about these Rockland hotels

Hull, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have never sent an email to compliment the service that I've received at a hotel, nor have I left a review. I believe that this is a service & I deserve to receive good service. The staff at this hotel deserve to have both!!

Our daughter got married on 6/29. The wedding guests stayed here at The Comfort Inn in Rockland, Ma. We live close by, but we had a lot of out-of-town/state guests so we offered a hotel & bus option. I have to say from the moment that we called to inquire about blocking rooms (over a year in advance) until the completion of our stay, the staff need to be highly complimented. They answered our every desire. Whether providing another key, pillow, blanket, directions or even a screen (yes I had a guest that did not use AC & needed a screen on her window). This screen was replaced within 5 minutes. I cannot state enough how pleased we were & that the staff truly are amazing, just fabulous!!!

This is a small gesture, but I'd like to acknowledge them all by name because they are fabulous. Thank you so much to Janet, Linda, Amy, Sara, & Jim as well as the maintenance man that replaced the screen (I'm sorry I never got his name). I would definitely recommend this hotel in the future!!
More than pleased, Thanks, Again!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMMA047, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words of encouragement for our staff!

I realize that like you most people expect to receive good service. At our hotel I expect my staff to give good service to every guest who walks in our doors! In this day and age of social media, it really means a lot to have our happy guests review us! Every day I receive compliments from our guests about our hotel and our wonderful staff in person. Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We have rewarded all of the staff mentioned in this review with a gift card!

I am very pleased that you were happy with your stay! Your very large wedding group was a pleasure to have in our hotel! I hope to see you again in the future!

ArthurLange
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

a Bad first impression...The key did not open the outside door to the property. I walked all the way back to the front desk and they said the door sometimes does'nt open, just open it from the inside and leave it propped open...nice.... Then the key did not open the room door, fool me once shame on you fool me twice and I give you a two on Trip Advisor. The room was okay but overpriced, and the shower had no water pressure. I will not be back....

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel....
Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
GMMA047, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to report to TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the side entrance door and room key on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with both our front desk staff and our maintenance department to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

We did have a trouble with our electronic key card reader this week due to a power surge from a thunder storm and we have since corrected the problem. I apologize that it caused you a problem during your stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Rockland.

Kind Regards,

Littleton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Great price rooms standard and clean Nice having free breakfast included Excellent service Would prefer they didn't let people smoke and drink at entry way I had children with me and walking into a hotel with a bunch of guys drinking beer And smoking was uncomfortable Put in an area out back for that Otherwise good value

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We would like to thank you for taking the time to report to TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay.

Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

We will begin a complete renovation of our hotel and we are looking into creating a new patio area to accomodate a smoking section.

Thank you so much for your business and we hope to see you in the future.

Kind Regards,

Redding, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hotel is a good location for people traveling to Boston/New England/Plymouth or Cape Cod. Quiet and clean. I stay at Comfort Inn hotels. The breakfast at this one was not as extensive as others, but was okay (we were looking forward to a big breakfast since we were racing but we found a few things). Wifi is good. Checkin late was painfully slow, but everything else was what you would expect - no surprises.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
GMMA047, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I am glad our location was convenient for your trip! Being located half way between Plymouth and Boston is certainly a bonus for our hotel! Having the hot breakfast with scrambled eggs, bacon and belgian waffles has been a favorite with our guests! I apologize that your check-in was slow late at night. I will certainly speak to my staff to ensure that they are working efficiently with all of our guests.

Amy Pelletier
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockland
BEST WESTERN Rockland
BEST WESTERN Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Rockland
Nantasket Beach Resort
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!