“WHAT A GEM!!!!!!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Rockland
Hull, Massachusetts
“WHAT A GEM!!!!!!”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Was looking for a hotel to escape the northeast current heat wave. Ran into the the local Holiday and BW and was welcomed, not. The Comfort Inn in Rocland greeted me with open arms and actually held the room for me for 2hrs and pumped up the air in the room I was to occupy later. Every staff member was smiling and happy and friendly, unlike the other two hotels who were kind of pouty. The GM, Amy, must be a hands on employer because she was right there from the moment I checked in till the time I checked out. Everything was top notch!. Parking convenient and clean lots, landscaping well attended, Houskeeping keeps the rooms immaculate and well kept. Probably the freshest most organized and relaxing complimentary breakfast I've ever been offered in my travels. And the selection! The property, itself, has a great location to Boston, Plymouth and Cape Cod. I am a local and plan on reccomending this hotel to everyone who needs to run away from home for a night or two or even three.

Room Tip: off of Rte 3 drive past the 2 hotels on your left and the Comfort Inn Rockland will be on your right...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Kentucky
Reviewed June 3, 2012

And can't imagine how it has less than satisfactory ratings on here. :o It is a beautiful colonial style hotel and the staff was SO nice. Room was great and clean and the hotel seemed safe and was quiet. The beds were hard though. That is truly my only complaint. I would stay again if in the area!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed March 30, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here a couple of times and have always been satisfied. The staff is friendly and helpful. Though an older property it has been well maintained and the rooms are kept clean. The beds are comfortable, shower good, wi-fi ok, etc.... There are fairly decent restaurants within a short driving distance and easy access to Rt. 3. I would call this a good value for this area.

Stayed March 2012
2 Thank steverinsc
Dover, New Hampshire
Reviewed November 27, 2011

This place is your typical hotel, nothing really stuck out about it except the smell. Upon entering our room there was a heavy floral odor. I assume they use scented carpet sprinkles? The only saving grace was the window opened unlike most hotels now so that helped a little. The room itself was fine and appeared clean. The pillows were a joke, not enough filling, flat. Skip the cookies at the front desk, I could see flies on them under the plastic cover. Free breakfast was standard bagels, cereal etc. but the eggs were strange looking, I would not go there. Also when I called the front desk they sent me to a non existant ice machine and I had to search and find one on another floor. Despite these minor issues I would return if in the area again due to the great rate we payed ($89).

Room Tip: there is no ice machine on floor 3
Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JRusty
Rockland, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Very quaint! Worth the trip off the highway, a few nice eatery's next door, with a nice local sports bar with delicious food. Dunkin Donuts across the street Tractor trailer parking easy enough.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Lafayette, California
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for a family wedding. We were picked up by family at Logan Airport and transported to and from wedding events by family or friends. After the affair, we discovered that it cost $70 to get to Logan by shuttle. And if we wanted to sightsee or take the T into Boston, there was no bus. It was a $40 taxi ride to the nearest T station! We changed to a downtown Boston hotel for the remainder of our trip in spite of the fact that the Comfort Inn was comfortable.

The room was large and well lit. Hotel rooms so often lack proper lighting and this room really had excellant lighting. Almost as much as we do at home. Big plus.

Our room had a refrigerator and microwave, but not all rooms did. The safe in our room was broken. This was a problem since we had extra jewerly with us for the wedding. The shower head had multiple settings and worked quite well.

The exercise room only had two pieces of equipment: a treadmill and an eliptical. They were in use often enough that we could not alway access them when we wanted to. One morning we were tight for time and decided to take a walk rather than wait for the equipment. But we wound up walking across wet grass and in parking lots because the area had no sidewalks!

Breakfast was hit or miss. The walffles were good but the bagels were not. I would have prefered not eating on paper plates with plastic fork, knife, and spoon.

Even though we were in the non smoking area, the hall smelled of smoke. It was stronger the closer one got to the smoking end. The room was clear, which is most important for a non smoker.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sascrat
Spring Hill, Florida
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We had the perfect room, sans reservation, for two nights in Sept 2011in this hotel. 12 steps to the ice machine, 20 steps to the laundry, 30 steps out the side door to the car. Very nice people at the desk and breakfast, and a decent breakfast it was with bacon and scrambled, cereal, toast, donuts. The beds seemed brand new and the place was clean and neat. Could it have been any better? We didn't think so. We'll stay there again and ask for the same room # too, but I am not telling you what it was because you might get there before us! It was $60 less than the Holiday Inn up the street, $160 less than the Marriott @ Quincy Adams T-station, so how do you compete with that? You cannot. GREAT hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BWA46
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockland
Best Western Rockland
Best Western Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Rockland
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)
Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
Nantasket Beach Resort

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!