“Couldn't be any better and at a very good, competitive price”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Rockland
Spring Hill, Florida
“Couldn't be any better and at a very good, competitive price”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We had the perfect room, sans reservation, for two nights in Sept 2011in this hotel. 12 steps to the ice machine, 20 steps to the laundry, 30 steps out the side door to the car. Very nice people at the desk and breakfast, and a decent breakfast it was with bacon and scrambled, cereal, toast, donuts. The beds seemed brand new and the place was clean and neat. Could it have been any better? We didn't think so. We'll stay there again and ask for the same room # too, but I am not telling you what it was because you might get there before us! It was $60 less than the Holiday Inn up the street, $160 less than the Marriott @ Quincy Adams T-station, so how do you compete with that? You cannot. GREAT hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BWA46

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Upstate NY
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We stayed here when attending a friend's wedding nearby. This was not our first choice, but there were no rooms at the other hotels across the street. The first thing I noticed was the pervasive smell of cigarette smoke in the halls. That smell permeates the hotel, and was even noticeable in our non-smoking room. The next issue was the bed. It was as hard as a rock. When I went to sleep, I was tired, so I didn't really notice, but halfway through the night, I woke up and my back was killing me. It was like sleeping on a sheet of plywood. It was also a double bed, not the queen that I booked. The bedding was on par with a lot of hotels in this class, low end sheets, tiny pillows and a 30 year old smelly bed spread that you do not want near your face. The knob pulled off the door when I tried to open the closet. The heat/ac is one of those window units with a limited number of fan settings and no thermostat. The breakfast buffet was adequate, but below what you would get at a similarly priced Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: Any room in the Holiday Inn across the street.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Rockland hotels

Boston
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Other than being overpriced, the only complaint I have was about the mouse in our room!

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank drums55000
Hanover, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I stayed last June and loved it. Conveniently located for travel and outside restaurants and provided a decent breakfast. So much better than when it was a Days Inn. A stones throw from Dunkin Donuts, Bella's, a pizza shop, liquor store, etc. I was even comfortable to walk around barefoot.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NKT1988
bentonville, ar
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed at the Rockland Comfort Inn because of the passing of my younger brother. While the staff was nice at first, the last night there was a mouse in my room. It ran from the bathroom to underneath my baby's bed! I went down to the manager immediately, but it was the middle of the night, so they swapped my room. The next morning, I spoke with the manager, and she didn't offer anything until I had haggled her many times. She only gave me a small amount off and said that I was "lucky that she even believed me." ... I am still trying to resolve this issue, and I was extremely frustrated with the entire experience.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank chococatania
GMMA047, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
I would like to clarify the situation described by this guest. When this guest checked into the hotel, I happened to be the person working the desk. As a courtesy at no charge, I upgraded this guest to one of our Executive Rooms that has a refrigerator and microwave to accomodate her young children. On the last evening of her stay, I was notified that they saw a mouse in the room. The desk clerk changed their room immediately to appease the guest. When this guest came down to check out, she explained the situation to me and I offered her 50% off of the last night of her stay. When the guest was dissatisfied with 50% off, I followed up with a full refund for the evening in question. The exterminator was called out and found NO evidence of mice in our hotel. This guest did not have to "Haggle" me nor did I say that I did not believe her. We take great pride in maintaining a clean and friendly establishment.
Liberty, Missouri
Reviewed May 22, 2011

The desk clerk was wonderful and accomadating - she worked with us and we were able to have accomadations for a price we could afford when we couldn't find rooms anywhere else. The room was wonderful - fridge, micro wave, comfortable beds, great breakfast.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kestes928
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I've stayed at all of the hotels in this area and find the Comfort Inn to be the most comfortable and definitely the cleanest. The staff is always friendly and greet me with a smile. The hotel has made many improvements and I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank jnsf7557
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockland
Best Western Rockland
Best Western Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Rockland
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)
Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
Nantasket Beach Resort

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!