Best Western Rockland
Courtyard
$129
$110
Hampton.com
All reviewscape codbest westernsbreakfast attendantno elevatorfirst floorsouth shore areabreakfast barclean roomsgreat place to stayconvenient locationbed was comfortablefront desk clerkbagelsfree breakfaststayed for nightsstay there againstaff was very friendly and helpful
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Several out-of-town family members and I grew up nearby and were there visiting under emotional circumstances (death in the family). Little things mean a lot especially when you're feeling sad and emotional. We were all quite impressed with cleanliness of the hotel common areas and rooms, friendliness and helpfulness of all staff. Staff greeted us with a smile with every encounter and asked if there was anything they could do for us. Some of our party arrived several hours prior to check-in time, and staff were happy to accommodate early check-in with no problem at all. Hotel and rooms were nice and quiet. Plenty of clean, quality towels.
Beds were comfortable with lots of clean, fluffy pillows. These are all things we would expect at a 4- or 5-star hotel we would pay much, much more for.
Many hotels with "free breakfast" offer cheap continental type fare; this hotel has a full breakfast, complete with fresh made waffles, scrambled eggs, hard-boiled eggs, bacon, along with a variety of breads, cereals, juices, fruits, and pastries.
Location is convenient to restaurants, stores, hospital, etc. Plenty of parking.
I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Devesh K, Manager at Best Western Rockland, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am highly appreciative of you comparing us to a 4-5 star status. Thank You for your Business. More so I am really glad that in such difficult moments my Staff & Hotel made a difference to your family & you. When I made my staff read your comments they were so Delighted & it does encourage them to do even better. As a procedure we always go over reviews with our Staff good or constructive, it gives us an opportunity to improve.

On Behalf of my staff & myself I wanted to thank you once again & hope to see you soon for happier occassions.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Booking from abroad easy and no surprises on arrival. Access directly off the road and parking spacious. Staff pleasant though a little distracted. Room and bed up to standard and quiet, but - and it's a widespread fault - the bathroom ventilator made a hell of a racket. For some reason there is no obvious switch to turn these damn things off other than by keeping the b/r dark.
Breakfast facilities couldn't cope with the number of guests, they really need to expand them. Breakfast itself was OK, unremarkable - one makes allowances coming from Europe.
In general, adequate and comfortable for an overnight stay, and reasonable value.

Room Tip: ours was fine, didn't have the impression that road noise intruded a lot.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrZippy123
Devesh K, General Manager at Best Western Rockland, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Mr.Lane,

Thank You for staying with us & giving us your feedback. Just to assure you have have rectified the issue with the exhaust fan. I did a little research to see in which room you were.Also, please let us know if you would like to see any additions in breakfast or any suggestions? I guarantee you if it is feasible we will add/change or substitute it.

I am happy your stay was comfortable & I hope to see you soon again & make sure your stay is even better.

General Manager.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed in Rockland for a early season Hockey tournament. Check in seemed to take longer than normal as the new system requires the staff to physically inspect each room before giving out the key. Not a huge deal but a bit of a delay. The rooms were indeed clean and ready for check in.
Breakfast had eggs, bacon, bagels, cereal and danish, juices and coffee. Breakfast staff was very attentive to pleasing all, and asking if anything was needed.
Hotel is a 15 min drive to beach, about 30 min to Boston, 20 min to Plymouth. A couple of eating establishments are close by. Dunkin Donuts right next door.

Room Tip: Our ground floor room was fine.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank jscibetta

Dear Mr. Scibetta,

Thank You for your group & you for staying with us. I apologize for the dealy during check in & I hope it is a quicker process the next time. I am glad that we met your expectations for the rooms & breakfast. My Breakfast attendant was happy for the recognition you acknowledged & thank you for the same.

We do hope to see you again In the near future ..maybe another tournament or family gatherng.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I often visit this area as I once lived in Hingham and attend get-togethers and class reunions there. This is the best bet in the area. Hotels in Hull are too expensive and this motel is clean and has a great breakfast! Will stay there again and again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Martha S

Dear Martha,

Thank You so much for staying with us & choosing us as the best bet with the competition around us..I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast & you count us as a home away from home.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of days in late June - we live locally and were having our bathroom re-done.
The rooms were ok. I read on tripadvisor that the hotel was being renovated. They obviously hadn't got to our room yet. The decor and furniture was tired, the bathroom needed a refresh.
We chose this hotel because of the free breakfast. They had cereal, a few bagels and muffins (more on the first morning, little on the second), juice, coffee. There was also a hot breakfast on our 2nd day. On day 1 - the hot items were being put out as I left at 7.30. On day 2 - they were there at 6.30. Seems the staff were overwhelmed with keeping the area stocked - it improved on day 2 because a supervisor was yelling orders (in front of all the customers).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank EnglishMary

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank You for staying with us & for your Constructive Comments. You were absolutely right about what you read on trip Advisor about the Hotel being renovated, we have done a lot of upgrades in the guest rooms (not renovated 100%), but our public areas have been renovated completely. I am apologetic if what you read was misunderstood. In regards to the Breakfast I wish you had mentioned it to me I would have addressed it right away..My attendant for Breakfast had just resumed working a week ago at the time but we did guide him through & made sure everything was being served timely.

I do hope you give us another chance in the near future & we will make sure your stay in much more enjoyable.