“Mid August Visit”

Best Western Rockland
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rockland
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed in Rockland for a early season Hockey tournament. Check in seemed to take longer than normal as the new system requires the staff to physically inspect each room before giving out the key. Not a huge deal but a bit of a delay. The rooms were indeed clean and ready for check in.
Breakfast had eggs, bacon, bagels, cereal and danish, juices and coffee. Breakfast staff was very attentive to pleasing all, and asking if anything was needed.
Hotel is a 15 min drive to beach, about 30 min to Boston, 20 min to Plymouth. A couple of eating establishments are close by. Dunkin Donuts right next door.

Room Tip: Our ground floor room was fine.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank jscibetta
Devesh K, General Manager at Best Western Rockland, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Mr. Scibetta,

Thank You for your group & you for staying with us. I apologize for the dealy during check in & I hope it is a quicker process the next time. I am glad that we met your expectations for the rooms & breakfast. My Breakfast attendant was happy for the recognition you acknowledged & thank you for the same.

We do hope to see you again In the near future ..maybe another tournament or family gatherng.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I often visit this area as I once lived in Hingham and attend get-togethers and class reunions there. This is the best bet in the area. Hotels in Hull are too expensive and this motel is clean and has a great breakfast! Will stay there again and again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Martha S

Dear Martha,

Thank You so much for staying with us & choosing us as the best bet with the competition around us..I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast & you count us as a home away from home.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of days in late June - we live locally and were having our bathroom re-done.
The rooms were ok. I read on tripadvisor that the hotel was being renovated. They obviously hadn't got to our room yet. The decor and furniture was tired, the bathroom needed a refresh.
We chose this hotel because of the free breakfast. They had cereal, a few bagels and muffins (more on the first morning, little on the second), juice, coffee. There was also a hot breakfast on our 2nd day. On day 1 - the hot items were being put out as I left at 7.30. On day 2 - they were there at 6.30. Seems the staff were overwhelmed with keeping the area stocked - it improved on day 2 because a supervisor was yelling orders (in front of all the customers).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank EnglishMary

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank You for staying with us & for your Constructive Comments. You were absolutely right about what you read on trip Advisor about the Hotel being renovated, we have done a lot of upgrades in the guest rooms (not renovated 100%), but our public areas have been renovated completely. I am apologetic if what you read was misunderstood. In regards to the Breakfast I wish you had mentioned it to me I would have addressed it right away..My attendant for Breakfast had just resumed working a week ago at the time but we did guide him through & made sure everything was being served timely.

I do hope you give us another chance in the near future & we will make sure your stay in much more enjoyable.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Cute little place and surrounding from the outside but our room was gross. It was so smelly and musty, i'm sure it's infested with mold. Our sheets felt musty and very damp. There were tiny little bugs, the size of a pin head all over the place. We kept seeing them and then we decided to turn a blind eye because we were too tired to leave. I'm sure though that they weren't bed bugs (otherwise we wouldn't have stayed), but it was still creepy. Needless to say, neither of us slept too well that night. The front desk lady was awesome though. And the breakfast was decent.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Devesh K, General Manager at Best Western Rockland, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Upon reading your review in regards to the inconvenience you had during your stay at our Hotel I wanted to call you & apologize to you and hopefully convince you to stay our our Hotel again by giving us another chance. We take our surveys constructively& very seriously

BUT....

HAVING SAID SO I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT FIND ANY RECORD OF YOUR LAST NAME STAYING AT OUR HOTEL. I HAVE TRIED IN DETAIL TO SEARCH WHEN YOU STAYED WITH US BUT COULD NOT GET ANY INFORMATION.

General Manager.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I just recently stayed at the Best Western. When we first went into our first room, it had a musty smell, the air condition wasn't working and didn't have a fridge or microwave like other rooms had. I told the front desk clerk and she immediately called up the maintenance man and he came in right away. He made every effort to fix the a/c. He was very helpful and tried his best. The front desk clerk immediately gave us a new room where the a/c worked well, the room smelled much fresher and had a fridge and microwave. Very helpful. The maintenance guy stayed making sure that we were ok with everything. Breakfast was good and the guy who made everything was so nice and always made sure we were ok, and how our night was, etc. He did a great job!!!! Really friendly. Nice decor in the hotel. Our wing did not have a/c in the halls but the main wing did. It was really hot and muggy. Overall, a great location between Cape Cod and Boston. Just right off the highway. Some restaurants around, not a big selection. But down the road a bit has a TJ Maxx and Home Goods stores. You can tell the staff work real hard at making everyone's stay a good one regardless of it's faults. And so hospitality service was great. But night clerk was a little short when I presented my Best Western Gold Card and she said was useless 'cause I didn't book through Best Western. Not what Best Western told me. Not too happy about that. I do like the effort of most staff for making me feel welcome.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the room that has a working a/c and a fridge is helpful to keep drinks and food fr...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GreekCanuck1
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed at the Best Western in Rockland for three nights in June 2012. For each of these nights, I had a different room (due to switching with other people in my party, etc).

The first night was in a downstairs room with two queen beds. The room always felt a bit damp and clothes were gathering moisture. It was bothering my mother's asthma and just didn't feel right - upon mentioning it to the reception, we were immediately given another downstairs room which was just fine. Being right near the door to the parking lot, it was a little noisy at times.

The second and third nights were in king sized singles upstairs. Both rooms were clean, neat and spacious, especially compared to the double queen room. They were also very quiet. On the third night, I was due to share the room with my mother again but that wasn't working out, so we rented an extra room for the night. We were quoted $120, which was the same price my mother had paid on Priceline - for a Saturday night! The woman at the reception also held the room for an hour for us so we could think about it.

I liked the new remote for the TV which was easy to clean and even had its own little holder next to the bed. I also really liked the shower heads in all the room, which were huge and felt wonderful!

Breakfast was good but basic. They have a waffel iron in the kitchen, which is a nice touch, plus muffins, cereal, cold boiled eggs, etc. It wasn't low carb friendly, but there are enough other options in the area. Admittedly, I didn't ask if they'd be willing to fry an egg for me.

I would definitely visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the steps, choose a room upstairs.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is a property that is reinvesting in its rooms and physical plant after what appears to have been some years of deferred maintenance.

We were looking for a quiet and clean place to sleep after a very late arrival (transcontinental flight) at Logan airport. Since we were heading to Cape Cod the next day, this motel's location was ideal. After midnight, it was a very easy drive from Logan down Route 3 to Rockland. The Best Western is well located off the highway, and easy to find, even for a first time visitor.

Our room was fine, and Sandy was very nice in checking us in at that late hour.

Next morning, torrential downpours led to a leak from the ceiling right in the middle of the breakfast room, but it was handled quite well, and I got the sense that the hotel management wants to fix the building up.

I'm glad we stayed here, compared to the extortionate rates demanded during graduation week by hotels closer to Boston.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockland
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Rockland
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 3 in Rockland
Nantasket Beach Resort
Boston Marriott Quincy
The Inn at Scituate Harbor
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree

Been to Best Western Rockland? Share your experiences!