Furnace Brook Winery at Hilltop Orchards
Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Apple Cider Donuts

BEST Apple Cider donuts! Sarah and David are amazing. Pick up a bottle of wine and the local... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
lindseybJ7358QQ
Best Place Ever

The absolute best place in the Berkshire! We've been coming for years and always have the best... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
mwkess

All reviews cider donuts wine tasting mash apple picking hard cider hilltop orchards adirondack chairs pick your own furnace brook winery positive energy great conversation roaring fireplace apple orchard cheese and crackers old friends would love to come back hiking trails
Selected filters
Reviewed March 13, 2015

This was my first time at Hilltop Orchards. My friend and I were participating in the moonlit snowshoeing event that happens once a month. We went March 7, 2015. Thankfully the weather wasn't as cold as it has been so 20 something felt wonderful. There were over 60 participants in the snowshoe walk. We had a glass of wine before we left. It was absolutely a beautiful walk. Very dark but some folks had small lights attached to their hats which was nice. Helped us to see but you can see pretty good although it is dark. We walked about a mile I'm guessing. The hills were challenging but totally do-able. While on our walk it started to snow. It just could not have been a better night. So beautiful. On our return we stopped at a bonfire and our guide talked alittle bit about getting rid of negativity in our lives and attracting good and positive energy. The total time of this walk was approximately 1:30 to 2:00 hours. Back to the store and more wine!!! They also sell maple products and have a small bakery and oh yea they sell wine. I have say the wine was fantastic and I do plan to go there just to purchase the wine. They also rent snowshoes but I am not sure of the cost. If you have your own its a $10 charge that's so worth it. Actually a great deal. Wine is $7 a glass. Let me tell you....its a good size glass! I don't know if children are allowed on the evening moonlit walks. I didn't see any. I think day time would be a much better family outing with children. I am looking forward to going back to Hilltop Orchard and participating in their summer hikes as well. If you haven't tried this....Just Do It!!!! Have a blast!!!

Date of experience: March 2015
1  Thank MassTraveler2013
Reviewed February 10, 2015

Great Cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and the added attraction of wine-tasting--a tough combination to beat in winter. We've been here a number of times and continue to enjoy the grounds, the friendly staff and the wine and cider. The owner, John, is extremely welcoming and has created a great venue for winter enjoyment. The full-moon snowshoe events and hikes are great, with wine and music following.

Date of experience: February 2015
1  Thank Onthebacknine
Reviewed February 2, 2015

We visited Hilltop Orchards for the cross country skiing, with adults and children. Their ski rentals are top notch, at a great price, and there is a huge stone fireplace to warm you up when you return from the trails. Some of us in the group were first timers, so my only comment would be that the beginner trail was a little too hilly for someone just learning to handle the skiis, and my only reason giving this great little place a 4 instead of a 5. They did have an instructor available on the trails, for an extra fee, and he actually gave my son a few pointers for free. It is a beautiful trail system weaving in and out of the orchards, with great views. There is also the wine tasting, maple syrup, awesome cider donuts, hot cider, and chili. Will definitely return here.

Date of experience: February 2015
Reviewed January 7, 2015

We had a great wine tasting here, after which we spent a good bit of time chatting with the Manager David. It was a pleasure listening to him tell us about the apple wine making, he even gave us a tour of the facility. We ended up spending a few hours here and really had a great time.

Date of experience: January 2015
Reviewed November 11, 2014

If you have to drive a long way it is worth it to try the cider donuts. Great selection of local goods. Best donut I have had in years. You can see them being made and the smell is great.

Date of experience: November 2014