“Much better than I expected” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Revere

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Quality Inn Revere
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Revere
London
“Much better than I expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

I was hesitant about this hotel having read other reiews on here. We were also caught out by priceline with this hotel as we would never have have stayed so far from the transport system otherwise. Unlike what others have said, the hotel is easy to find on Route 1. It does seem that a new entrance has been built to allow access straight from the highway. The rooms were of a good size, clean with air con that worked (though it could have been a few degrees cooler). I would say that the hotel is only suitable for those with access to a car, but the carpark was fine and nothing like the scary stories posted on here of broken windows and warning signs everywhere.
The other big complaint from previous reviews is about the breakfast offered. There was a range of bagels, toast, muffins & pastries along with a waffle machine, fruit, juices, yoghurts, eggs etc. I cannot understand why some reviews said this was inadequate. It is true that there is no hot items but most people staying here are doing so as they are trying to budget and avoid the high costs og hotels in central Boston. If you want a hot deluxe buffet breakfast every day stay somewhere else.
My only complaint is really with priceline as it is deceitful to say that this hotel is included with those much closer to the airport. This is not the fault of the hotel though. It was a shame that during summer months they were renovating the pool. The hotel is also starting a repainting programme of the exterior so it is obviously keen to keep up its image.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
london
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

Not a very good hotel. PTAC unit did not work properly, very noisy and would not slow down. Bathroom had mold everywhere. They need to change out the tub surrounds and re-chaulk. Its not an airport hotel by any means. We needed to be in the Revere area so it was OK. Sheet were ruff to the skin

Breakfast was good, especially since it was free. Staff was friendly. I don't know if there are better hotels elsewhere. Price was reasonable.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Revere hotels

Warren, MI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

I had always had great luck with Marriott properties in the past but there is no way around the fact that this particular Courtyard sucks.

They market themselves as an airport hotel and also do so on Priceline. This is at best a stretch and at worst an outright lie.

We arrived around 3pm and waited over an hour for the shuttle that was repeatedly promised as "5 minutes away".

When we arrived at the hotel and entered our room it was fairly nice with updated carpeting and comfortable bed. The bathroom floor was noticably dirty and there was visible mold and mildew in the shower.

We left the hotel shortly thereafter to go into the city for the night. We arrived back at the airport around 10pm and were once again told that we had just missed the shuttle and to sit and wait for at least another hour. Waiting several hours for a shuttle at what is claimed to be an airport hotel is unacceptable and absurd. I finally became so irate and agitated by this game they play that i payed $30 for an airport taxi so i could get a sufficient amount of sleep so i could be up for the 5am shuttle since again....this place is SO freaking far away from the airport.

This is by far the worst Marriott property i have experience in all my years and advise you to not only avoid this place but due to the extreme inconvenience of this location to avoid bidding on anything over a 2 1/2 star hotel on Priceline for fear of getting this dumpy Courtyard.

One additional note, the swimming pool at this Courtyard was closed due to unsanitary conditions by the health department. All i can advise is to stear clear of this horrible hotel in an otherwise fine chain of hotels.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Honolulu
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2009

I booked a 2 night stay via Marriott.com at the Courtyard based on Marriott's reputation. Airport pick up and check in went smoothly. The room was large and comfortable. Breakfast buffet was better than expected. The horror began on day 2 when I caught the airport shuttle in the morning to Logan for a day trip to IAD. The driver asked for my room number. I mentioned to her that I'll be back later that afternoon. I was dropped at United Airlines with no problems. Around 1PM, I receive a phone call from the Courtyard manager about shipping my personal items left behind in my room. I told her that I'm not checking out until the next day and will be back later that afternoon. Apparently, by taking the airport shuttle back to the airport. they automatically check the guest out. I had one more night of my stay and my luggage and clothes were still in the closet. Upon my return to Boston, I picked up a rental car at Logan. I drove back to the Courtyard and received new room access card. I did an inventory of my personal items that was left in the room. Items that were left in the refrigerator were missing or tampered. I called the front desk and talked to the front office manager. After a lengthy discussion, she agreed to replace the missing items with substitute items from the hotel store. She offered a deeper rooms discount beyond the AAA weekend rate and 5,000 Marriott's Rewards points for the inconvenience over the phone and via a signed apology card on the hotel's stationery. My bill reflected the discounted rate as quoted by the front office manager. I enjoyed my stay at the Courtyard Boston Revere/Saugus. During my stay, everyone was very cordial in resolving the problem of the accidental check out and replacing the missing items. Two months later, I'm disappointed in the front office manager for not honoring her offer of the 5,000 Marriott's Reward points for the major inconvenience that her staff caused during my 2 nights stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2009

This hotel is satisfactory as a bed for the night before moving elsewhere, but readers should be aware of a few issues with it.

We booked on Priceline for somewhere to sleep after arriving late at night into Boston from the UK. "Name Your Own Price" gave us this as an airport hotel, but it's at least 15 minutes drive (at 11pm) from Logan Airport, heading away from Boston city! (Boston must be at least half an hour in quiet traffic.) After booking I saw the hotel offer a free shuttle bus service, but they never replied to my request (despite an acknowledgement of my email arriving). We decided to hire a car from the airport and make our own way there, which was also just as well - a taxi would have cost a fortune, and even more if we'd gone back to the airport or into Boston the next day to hire a car then.

We got to the hotel in darkness and were alarmed to see one of their shuttle buses (there were a few) in the car park with a smashed window - it had been broken into! We mentioned this to reception, who didn't seem particularly bothered about the break in or the glass all over the car park. As we were checking in the other receptionist was speaking to someone on the phone, and from her side of the conversation it appeared this guest had also asked for a shuttle bus but noone had arrived to get them. The receptionist advised them to get a taxi, and stated that the hotel would refund the money if they got a receipt.

On to the room - it was more spacious than I'd expected, though admittedly I'm more used to Marriott hotels in London that have tiny rooms. There was a large double bed, a large couch and table, TV, bathroom etc. There was also a proper coffee maker, which was a nice touch.

We had a perfect sleep that night, though realistically we'd probably have slept anywhere after such a long day travelling!

Breakfast was a redeeming feature of the hotel - it was free for a start, and there were decent amounts of food to go round from the buffet, including waffles, pastries etc.

The room and breakfast at this hotel were absolutely fine, but it really is in the middle of nowhere and you need a car literally to cross the road (a motorway / highway). It's also pushing things to describe it as an airport hotel, and the experience with the shuttle bus is a little disconcerting. For £55 GBP I guess it's not the worst value in the world, but I'd recommend this hotel only as a very limited "bed for the night" option, and I wouldn't dream of spending any more than one night in it. I'd also beware of staying there before catching a flight because it's so far away from the airport.

If I need an airport hotel in Boston again I'll pick somewhere else to stay, and I'll also be avoiding using Priceline to book it!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank so3003
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2009

I made the mistake to purchase this hotel through priceline. The hotel is NOWHERE near the airport. They only have 1 shuttle van and its dirty and disgusting. I called the moment I landed to confirm where they would pick me up. It took them 45 minutes to come get me. The hotel is just shy of the shaded area in the Priceline map for "Logan-Revere" I use the service almost once a week and am a good priceline customer. They refused to give me a refund or at least apply the credit to a re bid. I will never use there service again.

As for the hotel. The driver arrived late and the van was dirty. He was driving like a crazy person and almost got us all killed. He never greeted me nor did he help with the luggage. He was playing the sports game extremely loud over the speakers. So much so that you could not even make a phone call.

Upon arrival the hotel lobby was small, outdated, and dirty. There was stuff everywhere and the place in general looks very run down on the inside. This is not like the new or renovated courtyards. The lobby is more Days Inn/Comfort Inn then Courtyard. Marriott should be embarrassed !

The representative was chewing bubble gum the whole time she checked me in and was on the phone. I was not acknowledged for being an Elite Marriott Rewards Member. She did not accommodate my bedding preference or even try. I also askd to be on the 5th floor and she refused. At this hotel there is absolutely no benefit to being an elite member. No dedicated check in, no upgrade, no courtesy, nothing. Not even a free bottle of water or a thank you.

I am faithful to Marriott because they usually treat elite members very well and because there is consistency in the brands. But this property falls short on both ends. The room was not very clean and the wallpaper in the bathroom was coming apart. There was a large black hair on one of the towels over the sink. The hotel is however freshly painted and the carpets look like they are brand new. The TV are the older box/tube variety.

Unlike other Courtyards. This hotel does not have a restaurant on site. They offer free continental breakfast (Like a Days Inn) with coffee, doughnuts and cereal. One of the reasons I choose Courtyard is the hot breakfast, morning paper and affordable price for the meal. This is the first Courtyard that I visit that does not have the hot breakfast option. The A/C unit in the room is the window type and its was not working properly. The plastic molding was coming apart from the wall and it looked terrible.

The hotel is not in a good part of town and its not safe to walk outside the property at night. There is only one restaurant (A blue collar shack) that is within walking distance of the property. The hotel has some pizza delivery places that deliver but that's about it. The shuttle is not reliable and only one an hour. The nearest train station is miles away. It is close to nothing.

This hotel should loose the Marriott name and be re branded as a Comfort Inn or Days Inn. Because to call it a Courtyard Marriott is a lie. I would not recommend for my dog to stay here.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank miamiskyboy
Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2009

This tale is in two parts. The first a caution about Priceline “name-your-own-price”
The second is that a hotel can be a nice surprise.

I am no stranger to Priceline having used it a lot, mainly in the UK with generally good results.
I was going to be in the Boston area for 2 nights.
Be careful folks. Priceline divides Boston, as all other markets, into areas shaded and numbered on a map. When Downtown Boston didn’t work at my bid price their system offered me another attempt if I expanded my search to other areas. Since I was to have very limited time arriving late on a Friday evening and departing early on the following Sunday morning I wanted to be reasonably close to BOS Logan and clicked the shaded area which included the airport.
Warning ! It also includes towns such as Revere and Saugus which are 20 minutes or more away depending on traffic.
Now how can an hotel more than 20 minutes drive from an airport possibly be described as ‘an airport hotel’. It would be laughable but for the fact that clearly Priceline has some sweetheart deal with Courtyard Marriott, (CM) Revere because despite two emailed attempts to get Priceline to see the illogicality of the situation I was stuck into the contract we all sign when using their service.

Was I looking forward to being at this hotel? Guess!
I duly arrived late Friday evening and was immediately pleased to note that the general manager was helping out on check in – a good sign that the hotel is being well run.
OK the facts. The room was nice and big; it had a very well designed desk/ work area; there was an abundance of good quality towels; the complimentary toiletries were good standard, the room was clean, the TV had a variety of channels, the bed was comfortable.
Complimentary coffee/ bagels/ Danish style breakfast is good if a little disorganized.
I am hard-pressed to think of anything I really didn’t like about the hotel.
My allocated room was a bit too close to the elevator and directly opposite the ice-maker so there was some noise (who needs a bucket of ice at 5.30am by the way???) but not excessive. The bar is merely a token attempt, closing at 10pm, but then there was nobody in it the twice I ventured in. It raises the question of whether it would be supported if it opened till say midnight, or does experience show that nobody goes there anyway so why open at all?

Now- the location – this is a disaster! It sits on a busy freeway and without a car you are at the mercy of irregular hotel shuttles and local delivery services for pizza etc (mine took nearly two hours to arrive with telephoned apologies for the delay etc).

Getting into Boston during Saturday meant hanging around the hotel lounge for 20 minutes for the shuttle bus but the genial driver kindly dropped me and two other guests at the airport T-station.
However on my return I called the hotel to ask when the shuttle would be arriving at Terminal A and was told 20 minutes. Some 35 minutes later a Courtyard Marriott shuttle arrived and it was not till he pulled in to the CM Airport Hotel that I realized I was on the wrong bus – they all look the same unless you have been pre-warned to read the address on the side of the vehicle. I was on the wrong bus and had to return to the airport. The shuttle driver told me this happened every day. Would it be too much to have the driver verbally confirm that he is going to a specific hotel? Or have a clear sign indicating the hotel served?
Action please CM !
Just under two hours from my first call till my return to the hotel - thereby emphasizing that CM Revere is many things and a good hotel among them but it is NOT an airport hotel and Priceline should delete it from that area or make a different shaded area for it.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank David82605
Also consider these accommodations in or near Revere
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Four Points by Sheraton Boston Logan Airport
Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport
Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport
Holiday Inn Express Saugus (Logan Airport)

Been to Quality Inn Revere? Share your experiences!