“Sincere Offer - Promises not Kept”
Review of Quality Inn Revere

Quality Inn Revere
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Revere
Reviewed July 8, 2009

I booked a 2 night stay via Marriott.com at the Courtyard based on Marriott's reputation. Airport pick up and check in went smoothly. The room was large and comfortable. Breakfast buffet was better than expected. The horror began on day 2 when I caught the airport shuttle in the morning to Logan for a day trip to IAD. The driver asked for my room number. I mentioned to her that I'll be back later that afternoon. I was dropped at United Airlines with no problems. Around 1PM, I receive a phone call from the Courtyard manager about shipping my personal items left behind in my room. I told her that I'm not checking out until the next day and will be back later that afternoon. Apparently, by taking the airport shuttle back to the airport. they automatically check the guest out. I had one more night of my stay and my luggage and clothes were still in the closet. Upon my return to Boston, I picked up a rental car at Logan. I drove back to the Courtyard and received new room access card. I did an inventory of my personal items that was left in the room. Items that were left in the refrigerator were missing or tampered. I called the front desk and talked to the front office manager. After a lengthy discussion, she agreed to replace the missing items with substitute items from the hotel store. She offered a deeper rooms discount beyond the AAA weekend rate and 5,000 Marriott's Rewards points for the inconvenience over the phone and via a signed apology card on the hotel's stationery. My bill reflected the discounted rate as quoted by the front office manager. I enjoyed my stay at the Courtyard Boston Revere/Saugus. During my stay, everyone was very cordial in resolving the problem of the accidental check out and replacing the missing items. Two months later, I'm disappointed in the front office manager for not honoring her offer of the 5,000 Marriott's Reward points for the major inconvenience that her staff caused during my 2 nights stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed June 22, 2009

This hotel is satisfactory as a bed for the night before moving elsewhere, but readers should be aware of a few issues with it.

We booked on Priceline for somewhere to sleep after arriving late at night into Boston from the UK. "Name Your Own Price" gave us this as an airport hotel, but it's at least 15 minutes drive (at 11pm) from Logan Airport, heading away from Boston city! (Boston must be at least half an hour in quiet traffic.) After booking I saw the hotel offer a free shuttle bus service, but they never replied to my request (despite an acknowledgement of my email arriving). We decided to hire a car from the airport and make our own way there, which was also just as well - a taxi would have cost a fortune, and even more if we'd gone back to the airport or into Boston the next day to hire a car then.

We got to the hotel in darkness and were alarmed to see one of their shuttle buses (there were a few) in the car park with a smashed window - it had been broken into! We mentioned this to reception, who didn't seem particularly bothered about the break in or the glass all over the car park. As we were checking in the other receptionist was speaking to someone on the phone, and from her side of the conversation it appeared this guest had also asked for a shuttle bus but noone had arrived to get them. The receptionist advised them to get a taxi, and stated that the hotel would refund the money if they got a receipt.

On to the room - it was more spacious than I'd expected, though admittedly I'm more used to Marriott hotels in London that have tiny rooms. There was a large double bed, a large couch and table, TV, bathroom etc. There was also a proper coffee maker, which was a nice touch.

We had a perfect sleep that night, though realistically we'd probably have slept anywhere after such a long day travelling!

Breakfast was a redeeming feature of the hotel - it was free for a start, and there were decent amounts of food to go round from the buffet, including waffles, pastries etc.

The room and breakfast at this hotel were absolutely fine, but it really is in the middle of nowhere and you need a car literally to cross the road (a motorway / highway). It's also pushing things to describe it as an airport hotel, and the experience with the shuttle bus is a little disconcerting. For £55 GBP I guess it's not the worst value in the world, but I'd recommend this hotel only as a very limited "bed for the night" option, and I wouldn't dream of spending any more than one night in it. I'd also beware of staying there before catching a flight because it's so far away from the airport.

If I need an airport hotel in Boston again I'll pick somewhere else to stay, and I'll also be avoiding using Priceline to book it!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank so3003
Reviewed May 14, 2009

I made the mistake to purchase this hotel through priceline. The hotel is NOWHERE near the airport. They only have 1 shuttle van and its dirty and disgusting. I called the moment I landed to confirm where they would pick me up. It took them 45 minutes to come get me. The hotel is just shy of the shaded area in the Priceline map for "Logan-Revere" I use the service almost once a week and am a good priceline customer. They refused to give me a refund or at least apply the credit to a re bid. I will never use there service again.

As for the hotel. The driver arrived late and the van was dirty. He was driving like a crazy person and almost got us all killed. He never greeted me nor did he help with the luggage. He was playing the sports game extremely loud over the speakers. So much so that you could not even make a phone call.

Upon arrival the hotel lobby was small, outdated, and dirty. There was stuff everywhere and the place in general looks very run down on the inside. This is not like the new or renovated courtyards. The lobby is more Days Inn/Comfort Inn then Courtyard. Marriott should be embarrassed !

The representative was chewing bubble gum the whole time she checked me in and was on the phone. I was not acknowledged for being an Elite Marriott Rewards Member. She did not accommodate my bedding preference or even try. I also askd to be on the 5th floor and she refused. At this hotel there is absolutely no benefit to being an elite member. No dedicated check in, no upgrade, no courtesy, nothing. Not even a free bottle of water or a thank you.

I am faithful to Marriott because they usually treat elite members very well and because there is consistency in the brands. But this property falls short on both ends. The room was not very clean and the wallpaper in the bathroom was coming apart. There was a large black hair on one of the towels over the sink. The hotel is however freshly painted and the carpets look like they are brand new. The TV are the older box/tube variety.

Unlike other Courtyards. This hotel does not have a restaurant on site. They offer free continental breakfast (Like a Days Inn) with coffee, doughnuts and cereal. One of the reasons I choose Courtyard is the hot breakfast, morning paper and affordable price for the meal. This is the first Courtyard that I visit that does not have the hot breakfast option. The A/C unit in the room is the window type and its was not working properly. The plastic molding was coming apart from the wall and it looked terrible.

The hotel is not in a good part of town and its not safe to walk outside the property at night. There is only one restaurant (A blue collar shack) that is within walking distance of the property. The hotel has some pizza delivery places that deliver but that's about it. The shuttle is not reliable and only one an hour. The nearest train station is miles away. It is close to nothing.

This hotel should loose the Marriott name and be re branded as a Comfort Inn or Days Inn. Because to call it a Courtyard Marriott is a lie. I would not recommend for my dog to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank miamiskyboy
Reviewed May 6, 2009

This tale is in two parts. The first a caution about Priceline “name-your-own-price”
The second is that a hotel can be a nice surprise.

I am no stranger to Priceline having used it a lot, mainly in the UK with generally good results.
I was going to be in the Boston area for 2 nights.
Be careful folks. Priceline divides Boston, as all other markets, into areas shaded and numbered on a map. When Downtown Boston didn’t work at my bid price their system offered me another attempt if I expanded my search to other areas. Since I was to have very limited time arriving late on a Friday evening and departing early on the following Sunday morning I wanted to be reasonably close to BOS Logan and clicked the shaded area which included the airport.
Warning ! It also includes towns such as Revere and Saugus which are 20 minutes or more away depending on traffic.
Now how can an hotel more than 20 minutes drive from an airport possibly be described as ‘an airport hotel’. It would be laughable but for the fact that clearly Priceline has some sweetheart deal with Courtyard Marriott, (CM) Revere because despite two emailed attempts to get Priceline to see the illogicality of the situation I was stuck into the contract we all sign when using their service.

Was I looking forward to being at this hotel? Guess!
I duly arrived late Friday evening and was immediately pleased to note that the general manager was helping out on check in – a good sign that the hotel is being well run.
OK the facts. The room was nice and big; it had a very well designed desk/ work area; there was an abundance of good quality towels; the complimentary toiletries were good standard, the room was clean, the TV had a variety of channels, the bed was comfortable.
Complimentary coffee/ bagels/ Danish style breakfast is good if a little disorganized.
I am hard-pressed to think of anything I really didn’t like about the hotel.
My allocated room was a bit too close to the elevator and directly opposite the ice-maker so there was some noise (who needs a bucket of ice at 5.30am by the way???) but not excessive. The bar is merely a token attempt, closing at 10pm, but then there was nobody in it the twice I ventured in. It raises the question of whether it would be supported if it opened till say midnight, or does experience show that nobody goes there anyway so why open at all?

Now- the location – this is a disaster! It sits on a busy freeway and without a car you are at the mercy of irregular hotel shuttles and local delivery services for pizza etc (mine took nearly two hours to arrive with telephoned apologies for the delay etc).

Getting into Boston during Saturday meant hanging around the hotel lounge for 20 minutes for the shuttle bus but the genial driver kindly dropped me and two other guests at the airport T-station.
However on my return I called the hotel to ask when the shuttle would be arriving at Terminal A and was told 20 minutes. Some 35 minutes later a Courtyard Marriott shuttle arrived and it was not till he pulled in to the CM Airport Hotel that I realized I was on the wrong bus – they all look the same unless you have been pre-warned to read the address on the side of the vehicle. I was on the wrong bus and had to return to the airport. The shuttle driver told me this happened every day. Would it be too much to have the driver verbally confirm that he is going to a specific hotel? Or have a clear sign indicating the hotel served?
Action please CM !
Just under two hours from my first call till my return to the hotel - thereby emphasizing that CM Revere is many things and a good hotel among them but it is NOT an airport hotel and Priceline should delete it from that area or make a different shaded area for it.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank David82605
Reviewed May 5, 2009

Good Things: Free Wireless Internet that Worked & Friendly Hotel Staff

Bad Things:

Marriott's new slogan... "It's a new Stay". Well this Courtyard isn't a "New Stay". Like everyone else that has complained on here, the hotel is located in a deserted, abandoned, shady part of North Boston. They claim their address is in Revere, but it is actually in Saugus, MA. There's a "Saugus" sign a few feet before the hotel on Route 1.

The hotel is next to a divided highway. A Lowes and LA Fitness are the only two locations near by. Other than that, there are trailer parks, abandoned strip malls and buildings, etc. in the area.

Forget about their "restaurant" too. Even though there are signs for a hotel restaurant, there isn't one. There is a small bar and the bar tender (limited hours) will throw out pizza delivery brochures for "take out".

So you must eat prior to arriving to the hotel since there isn't anything within walking distance. Do not go to the bar down the street. The manager on Duty will recommend it, but don't do it.

The breakfast is not a typical Courtyard breakfast either. There were signs for milk, yogurt, etc. but only ice was in the open cooler. There was a waffle machine, bread, apples, pastries, and a few small boxes of cereal. People were walking in circles thinking that there would be more for breakfast. So you can't eat breakfast there either.

Route 1 traffic is awful during rush hour. If you drive to the hotel, plan on 30-45 minutes to get there from Logan during rush hour. I made it is 20 minutes on a Sunday. There's a lot of construction work on Route 1 due to work being completed on an underground water pipe. This adds to the Route 1 traffic issues.

Parking is free at the hotel. However, there are two signs at check in stating that there have been a lot of break-inns at their parking lot and to make sure that car doors are locked and GPS's are not visible.

If you decide to take their hotel shuttle, make sure you make a reservation with them. It runs every hour, on the hour. People expect to use this to commute to the nearest T-stop, but don't expect them to drop you off at the Wonderland T-Stop. If you're lucky, they'll drop you off at Terminal E and then you can take the airport's shuttle to the Airport T-stop. I found it interesting that they have 4 shuttle vans, but only one driver. The shuttle takes 20-30 minutes in non-rush hour traffic to reach Terminal A. Add several more minutes depending on what Terminal you leave out of. If the shuttle has to drop people off at every terminal, I would add an extra 15 to 20 minutes to your ride if you're leaving out of Terminal E.

If you are touring Boston and decide to stay here, it's best to have a car and drive to the Maverick T-stop and park on the street. Make sure you don't park in a "Residential" area only or an area where there is street cleaning from 8-11 A.M. You'll get a ticket. However, if you drive around, there are plenty of places to park and leave your car for the day.

The rooms are o.k. No real complaints. The beds are double beds, but they sit on Queen frames. So you have to be careful not hit your legs on the frames when getting out of bed. Each room had a small refrigerator, old school TV, and a fairly loud AC/Heater unit.

The bathroom is fairly large. The toilet leaked. Wallpaper was coming down off the wall. No exhaust fan. The sink is outside of the bathroom. A small coffeepot sits on the sink counter. Free wireless Internet worked great. The pool/spa area was dirty. The water had a murky color to it.

This hotel pretty much ruined my trip to Boston. I didn't have any control when booking this hotel. I would have never picked it in the first place. Please do your homework first and do not stay here at this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank bethesdaman
Reviewed December 16, 2008

You have to add $50.00 a day onto whatever you pay for this place for taxis to and from the nearest subway. This is supposedly an airport hotel, but it is miles from anywhere. You can only take the airport shuttle when you are getting off your flight or on a flight. The rest of the time you have to pay for expensive taxis that show up a half hour late. Why not just stay at a convenient hotel? You will probably save money when you figure in the cost of all the taxis.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank SteveBoston
Reviewed October 21, 2008

I stayed here at the end of a business trip, because I had a 6am flight and wanted to be near Logan.

That was a minor mistake, all in all: it took a long (expensive) cab ride from downtown Boston to get here, and although it calls itself an airport hotel, it's hardly adjacent. The journey back to the airport took 10-15mins at 4am; could take double that in traffic. The hotel has a shuttle that runs 24 hours, and half hourly from 4am onwards.

There didn't appear to be much nearby. A gas station next door had snacks for sale more cheaply than the hotel itself. There were bar meals available in the evening, which was just as well: they were OK, I guess.

It's a pretty standard Mariott Courtyard set-up. Neat and competent. The pool was ok. The fitness room tiny. The bedroom large. Free wireless internet was good to have.

Tip: the taxi was using GPS and got horribly lost in back-streets behind the hotel. It's on a major road. The back-streets right behind don't lead to the hotel, no matter what the GPS says.

It's an ok hotel, but if you want downtown Boston stay elsewhere, and if you want Logan airport, there are many closer places to stay.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Revere
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan
Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Logan International Airport
Rodeway Inn Logan International Airport
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#6 of 9 in Danvers
Hampton Inn Boston-Logan Airport
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody

Been to Quality Inn Revere? Share your experiences!